5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No WIFI Support with UConnect 8.4?

Mo Power

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Level 2 package that comes with UConnect 8.4. Today, I tried to add WiFi service from AT&T and they asked for my SIM card information. I looked at the settings (while in Dealer Mode) and found that my unit doesn't have a SIM card or ESN number. AT&T said without that information, they cannot activate WiFi on my truck. Am I crazy or shouldn't all of the UConnect systems in the 2019 Ram trucks come with WiFi support? I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it was equipped with it, then yes. Not all have it built in(hard parts and software)

Maple

Reaction score
It's part of the navigation upgrade, do you have that option?

Mo Power

Reaction score
No Nav....I think it will be easier to purchase a mobile hot spot and plug it into a USB port than it will be to switch out radios. It would be a lot cheaper as well.
RAM did a poor job of informing people that non nav units cannot be upgraded to have wifi.

Maple

Reaction score
No Nav....I think it will be easier to purchase a mobile hot spot and plug it into a USB port than it will be to switch out radios. It would be a lot cheaper as well.
RAM did a poor job of informing people that non nav units cannot be upgraded to have wifi.
Yeah, probably. You might already have hotspot functionality, depending on your phone and carrier. Personally I'm not using any of the Nav features after the trials run out, they cost way too much for the limited utility (and the maps in the nav system are terribly out of date).

Mo Power

Reaction score
Yeah, probably. You might already have hotspot functionality, depending on your phone and carrier. Personally I'm not using any of the Nav features after the trials run out, they cost way too much for the limited utility (and the maps in the nav system are terribly out of date).
My phone has it, but it is a company phone with data that is shared with my coworkers. On vacations, I don't want to run the the company phone WIFI hotspot while the kids are streaming movies.

Trini-Boy

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Level 2 package that comes with UConnect 8.4. Today, I tried to add WiFi service from AT&T and they asked for my SIM card information. I looked at the settings (while in Dealer Mode) and found that my unit doesn't have a SIM card or ESN number. AT&T said without that information, they cannot activate WiFi on my truck. Am I crazy or shouldn't all of the UConnect systems in the 2019 Ram trucks come with WiFi support? I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.
Hello. I ran in to your post and seen you got in the dealer menu on your Ram Truck.. How did you perform this?

Thanks. Andy

Users who are viewing this thread