5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No WiFi on Laramie Sport

Bradleys

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2019 Laramie Sport with the 8.4” Uconnect and so far I love the truck, but I have noticed a few missing features that surprise me and I want to make sure I am not missing something,

WiFi - I have been through all the Menus and it doesn’t seem to be available on this truck.
OnStar - likely related, but also not available
UConnect phone app - this may just need more research, but it doesn’t seem like I can create a connection.

Now - these are things I would likely not use anyway, but I was rather surprised to see them missing.

Is this common with the 8.4 unit?

KRField

Reaction score
If you got the non nav version 8.4 there is no connectivity. They changed the radio features on the DT models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM#2

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2019 Laramie Sport with the 8.4” Uconnect and so far I love the truck, but I have noticed a few missing features that surprise me and I want to make sure I am not missing something,

WiFi - I have been through all the Menus and it doesn’t seem to be available on this truck.
OnStar - likely related, but also not available
UConnect phone app - this may just need more research, but it doesn’t seem like I can create a connection.

Now - these are things I would likely not use anyway, but I was rather surprised to see them missing.

Is this common with the 8.4 unit?

Is your truck supporting a 8.4 w/ Nav or 8.4 w/out Nav? Did you purchase the Uconnect package?

Bradleys

Reaction score
Without NAV - with CarPlay, I just didn’t see the need

Users who are viewing this thread