5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No way to properly level ORG?

jellyballs

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was my choice of upper control arm that was the problem. I chose to get the rough country UCA’s for 0 to 3 inch lift, when I really needed the 3.5+” UCA. I should have gone with my gut on that option, but I listened to the sales rep at rough country- that’ll be the last time I do that. I’m guessing the Readylift uca may be fine since it was fine with my 3” eibach kit, but the coils in the Eibach kit were smaller diameter, so I don’t know for certain that there wouldn’t of been an issue.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with cranking up the bilsteins, as long as you stay within what the geometry allows. At a certain point, you’re going to start blowing out axle joints, so you need to stay away from extreme cv joint angles. There’s also the potential to bend or collapse the lower shock mount, but that’s a little less probable with the design of our shocks.

Edit: That zone kit would be fine because it combines preload and tophat spacers. That’s essentially what I did with my coilovers- combined preload with lengthening.

Oh I see your RC UCA now, pic wasn't loading before. I'm leaning towards the Zone kit for now but may still use bilstein for the preload portion since I'll be taking the strut apart anyway.

jellyballs

Reaction score
This what I went with.
By far the best choice, if only the wife wasn't about to trade me in for my truck addiction.

Reactions: JBV

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with BDS and Mopar fox shocks? How do they compare on fast off road? Trying to decide which to pursue...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I see your RC UCA now, pic wasn't loading before. I'm leaning towards the Zone kit for now but may still use bilstein for the preload portion since I'll be taking the strut apart anyway.
Here’s my stance right now- it’s close enough to what I want that I’m not messing with it for a while. If I want to go higher in the front, then I need the longer upper control arms because I’m completely out of camber adjustment on the lower control arms. I could try to source some ez-camber extension bolts, but I’ve always hated those.

A9FB1D25-119F-43FD-AF63-77349F09B707.jpeg
EC5B28DA-EC97-4B84-A22A-31F8A5A901FA.jpeg
FE7DF62D-B36B-4A6E-9822-691F9BC8BE26.jpeg
5B3B88D7-600F-4D37-9CD0-72BD9F4434A3.jpeg
9F7224E7-1416-404A-83BF-4FD94892B30F.jpeg

cornelius967

Reaction score
Question for someone with a '21 or '22 1500 with the ORP:

Can someone look at their springs and get the part numbers off the factory ORP front springs (rears too if you're willing), both left and right? From the factory they come with a tag on them with the part number.

I ask because I'm looking for a pair of ORP springs to slightly lift my '22 non-ORP Laramie. When I put the VIN in any of the wholesale parts suppliers for my '21 Bighorn with the ORP, I get back prices between $45 - $60. But I took photos of the underneath of my old truck when I first got it. I noticed one of the tags on one of the springs. When I put that part number into a wholesale website I get back a price of $24. I'm hoping that with the factory part numbers I can save myself a little green. Thank you in advance.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anytime you change any part of your suspension, you are going to effect the ride. There is no way to keep factory ride when you change parts from factory. The Bilstiens are a good choice and may actually improve the ride. I have them in my 2020 BTS with ORP. Set at clip 4(max Bilstien recommends with ORP springs). With stock UCAs, I had 1/2" rake front to rear. Then I got a smoking deal on some Zone UCAs. When I installed them, I ended up perfectly level front to rear.

JbVt

Reaction score
Anytime you change any part of your suspension, you are going to effect the ride. There is no way to keep factory ride when you change parts from factory. The Bilstiens are a good choice and may actually improve the ride. I have them in my 2020 BTS with ORP. Set at clip 4(max Bilstien recommends with ORP springs). With stock UCAs, I had 1/2" rake front to rear. Then I got a smoking deal on some Zone UCAs. When I installed them, I ended up perfectly level front to rear.
Just to clarify, Bilstein 5100 can be installed at clip #5 with ORP. #5 is the max Bilstein states not #4. I dont have it handy but in the instructions there is a table that shows each clip # and the corresponding approx. lift for ORP and NON-ORP trucks. Clip #6 & #7 say do not use for ORP trucks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Bilstein 5100 can be installed at clip #5 with ORP. #5 is the max Bilstein states not #4. I dont have it handy but in the instructions there is a table that shows each clip # and the corresponding approx. lift for ORP and NON-ORP trucks. Clip #6 & #7 say do not use for ORP trucks.
And the instructions also say clip 4 is max with stock UCAs. If you are changing your control arms you can go more.

Users who are viewing this thread