5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No tail lights with Auto switch on

Jimbo001

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500, 12.000 mi. For convenience, I always leave my lights in the "Auto" position. I left my truck running yesterday, with my wife inside with the heat. As I was walking back to the truck I noticed my tail lights weren't on. The truck was still running and the headlights were still on. Turned the light switch to off and back to Auto...still no tail lights. Directionals work, brake lights work, no running tail lights. Turned the switch to the normal "On" position....everything is fine, all lights working. Any ideas why they don't work on "Auto"? Haven't checked them today....in the midst of our first snow blizzard of the season here on the shores of Lake Ontario!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500, 12.000 mi. For convenience, I always leave my lights in the "Auto" position. I left my truck running yesterday, with my wife inside with the heat. As I was walking back to the truck I noticed my tail lights weren't on. The truck was still running and the headlights were still on. Turned the light switch to off and back to Auto...still no tail lights. Directionals work, brake lights work, no running tail lights. Turned the switch to the normal "On" position....everything is fine, all lights working. Any ideas why they don't work on "Auto"? Haven't checked them today....in the midst of our first snow blizzard of the season here on the shores of Lake Ontario!
was it dark?

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
What you probably saw was the daylight running lights. The DRL on the RAM DT are the headlights. IIWY, I would check the operation of the Auto feature at night when the photo sensors tell the computer that is dark outside.

Jimbo001

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that when it gets dark! In the meantime, now my remote start won't work. Nine months ago I had a similar issue. Come to find out, squirrels had chewed my wiring harness. A $1,200 repair job!! Hope this isn't a repeat!

Jimbo001

Reaction score
What you probably saw was the daylight running lights. The DRL on the RAM DT are the headlights. IIWY, I would check the operation of the Auto feature at night when the photo sensors tell the computer that is dark outside.
Your right!!! I'm a duh...Everythings fine! Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread