5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sub menus for settings

Reaction score
Hello. I just picked up my new truck today. When I select the settings tab, and for example select “lights”, there are no sub menus to choose from in order to make changes to the lights settings. Same goes for most of the other settings. ie: comfort icon has no sub menu settings, etc...

Any idea how I can get these too appear? Or do I already need to make a service appointment with my local dealer?

Other than this, the rest of the system appears to be working fine.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
That's weird...
Can you post a picture of the issues? What do you see instead of the sub-menus? Just a blank screen?

I'd try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, reconnecting it and wait for 3 hours for the systems to sync and try then(the truck will be kinda crazy until the systems are synced with each other, but it's normal, don't worry).. if that doesn't fix it, I'd visit my dealer.

LV426

Reaction score
Very weird but not surprising.... This is one of the flakiest "gadgets" I have ever had to fiddle around with. I have noticed without a doubt some things disappear and reappear in the menu of this radio. When I first set mine up, the touch beep volume was low and didn't bother me. For whatever reason the other day it became very loud to the point where I had to turn it off, I thought there was a setting for the "Beep Volume" but I cant find it or its just gone. I've also had issues with the volume getting stuck or just being all the way down for no reason and then I cant turn it up, if I turn the radio off then back on, that seems to clear it up... While the 12" screen is nice to look at, I honestly don't have much confidence in its longevity. I also cant fully comprehend why there is no reset option, especially with how glitchy it is.

Reaction score
When I started the truck this morning, all the sub-menus were there. I guess it was still being updated on my drive home yesterday. Considering it took me three hours to drive home, I am very surprised about how long the update took. Hopefully this will resolve it in the future as well, should it happen again.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
When I started the truck this morning, all the sub-menus were there. I guess it was still being updated on my drive home yesterday. Considering it took me three hours to drive home, I am very surprised about how long the update took. Hopefully this will resolve it in the future as well, should it happen again.
If they replaced the battery or at least did some sort of a reset when you picked it up, it makes sense.
The system are syncing when the truck is off, not when you're driving.

Users who are viewing this thread