5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No start has power

stltow94

Reaction score
So my remotes will not work. I have a brand new battery in the remote and in the truck remote will not unlock or lock the truck when I push the push to start it won't even move past off. I just connected the battery the other day overnight the truck function fine all day until that night didn't wouldn't start. I disconnected the battery again let it sit overnight now it's back to no start at all. Has power on all the gauges.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my remotes will not work. I have a brand new battery in the remote and in the truck remote will not unlock or lock the truck when I push the push to start it won't even move past off. I just connected the battery the other day overnight the truck function fine all day until that night didn't wouldn't start. I disconnected the battery again let it sit overnight now it's back to no start at all. Has power on all the gauges.
Might help to let us know what year and trim you have.
One question I have - is your back window leaking at all? There are numerous reports of water leakage frying the RF receiver.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
what year?
have you replaced any bulbs with LED's?

Last edited:

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
What does this have to do with site news?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Could be any of a number of things. Here's a short list:
As was mentioned - RF receiver water intrusion.
Remote battery incorrectly replaced and the vehicle doesn't detect the remote.
Brake pedal not pressed when you try to start. Should still go to ACC position, though, unless vehicle doesn't detect the remote.
You have more than one remote in range of the vehicle and it's confused.

Steve

stltow94

Reaction score
Both remotes have new batteries. Dealer has it now and have idea what's wrong as of yet. Not a remote issue seams to be electrical or computer issue of some kind.

stltow94

Reaction score
So after many test and re-enacting the situation. The dealer says that when i plugged my apple watch charger into the truck to charge it it confused the PCM and other components and caused my truck to show low voltage and shut it down. they cleared all the codes and ran test and I haven't had the problem again( Knock on wood) something about the magnetic charger and the watch battery being dead sent a signal to the truck. Who knows?? All i know is it didn't cost me a dime to get it back.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
So after many test and re-enacting the situation. The dealer says that when i plugged my apple watch charger into the truck to charge it it confused the PCM and other components and caused my truck to show low voltage and shut it down. they cleared all the codes and ran test and I haven't had the problem again( Knock on wood) something about the magnetic charger and the watch battery being dead sent a signal to the truck. Who knows?? All i know is it didn't cost me a dime to get it back.
Appreciate you coming back and giving us the update (y)

Users who are viewing this thread