5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound

ragin _bull

Reaction score
Second time this happens. I get no sound out of the system. It’s stock. I turn it off, turn off the truck, wait and it won’t come back. Anyone have any insight? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do this after you are home for the night. Disconnect the negative battery cable and let it stay disconnected for 30 minutes. Reconnect. Let it sit overnight to reset. That should do it if it’s a simple reset that is required. Otherwise if that doesn’t work or if it happens again. Trip to the dealer.

ragin _bull

Reaction score
Turn to AM radio and it will come back. A glitch that has been known and not fixed for at least a year, since I bought my truck.

Like a charm. Damn. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chithead

Reaction score
Ah crud, I did the negative cable reset on ours the other night when this happened, will definitely remember the AM Radio trick. Thanks!

SirSam

Reaction score
I called two dealers when this happened to me last month, and they were clueless. One of the man6 oppurunity costs of having the fresh redesign!

19RamBC

Reaction score
That and mybsystem freezing happens often to me. Dealer says system is up-to date, and waiting on a fix from FCA. I carry a wrench in truck so when it goes stupid i just pop off the positive battery wire for 30secs then plug it back in. Take 10-15mins for XM and my settings to come back after i do this.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happens to me on occasion and, of course, it never happens at the dealership.

When my audio quits I cycle through the source inputs (middle button on the back of the right side of the steering wheel) and the audio comes back. I'm assuming that's what is meant by "turn to AM radio". It's worked for me every time I've had my audio stop working.

wiendog

Reaction score
I have the same issue been doing the battery disconnect.Mine will also do it when backing out a steep drive way and the camera sees the ground thinks it is an obstacle locks up my brakes and mutes all audio until I do the battery thing.I will try the am thing next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online