5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sound through Uconnect 8.4 "fix" according to local dealer

tonyplants

Reaction score
Have a 19 CC Laramie Sport, took delivery November last year, 8k on odometer. Got in truck today, and I'll be darned: no sound coming from unit. Voice commands operated, stations switched no problem, screen functioned as designed, bluetooth and android auto all worked-just no sound. Yes, I ensured the mute button was switched on and off a couple times.

Called dealer, told me to disconnect negative and did just that when I got home---walah, it worked. I did have to wait a bit for apps (Sirius/Nav, etc) to load. Just sharing info...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Have a 19 CC Laramie Sport, took delivery November last year, 8k on odometer. Got in truck today, and I'll be darned: no sound coming from unit. Voice commands operated, stations switched no problem, screen functioned as designed, bluetooth and android auto all worked-just no sound. Yes, I ensured the mute button was switched on and off a couple times.

Called dealer, told me to disconnect negative and did just that when I got home---walah, it worked. I did have to wait a bit for apps (Sirius/Nav, etc) to load. Just sharing info...

I had it happen to mine also but I pushed the am button then fm button and then the xfm button scrolled through it again and it came back on. It worked the the two times that it happened to me.Try that next time instead of unhooking the battery.

tonyplants

Reaction score
I had it happen to mine also but I pushed the am button then fm button and then the xfm button scrolled through it again and it came back on. It worked the the two times that it happened to me.Try that next time instead of unhooking the battery.
Dude, **** happened again...your fix worked!

Users who are viewing this thread