5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound... driving me crazy

Jgon371

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited with 12 inch ucon... every 3 or 5 vehicle starts there is no sound. I tried changing am to fm to xm to etc. The turn off open the door. Deleted the Bluetooth phone history. Reset the ucon several times through the menu.. The back of steering wheel change source. The only remedy that works is to disconnect the battery. I have not been able to find the a pattern. Do anybody have something that I have not tried? This is really upsetting.

LS954

Reaction score
There's a thread in this few posts down. I have this same issue and finally took it to the dealer. They're replacing my radio.
From what they told me their first trouble shooting step is to do a factory reset and wait 24 hours, think this is for the satellite radio. They did this on mine and the problem was still present. Ive pucked up my truck and waiting for the part to arrive.

Esco101

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited with 12 inch ucon... every 3 or 5 vehicle starts there is no sound. I tried changing am to fm to xm to etc. The turn off open the door. Deleted the Bluetooth phone history. Reset the ucon several times through the menu.. The back of steering wheel change source. The only remedy that works is to disconnect the battery. I have not been able to find the a pattern. Do anybody have something that I have not tried? This is really upsetting.
I am having the same problem. The issue is the XM radio/satellite. When the XM satellite video loads up at start it does not connect and freezes everything. I find that it's better to switch your truck to FM radio before turning the truck off. Now next time you start your truck it will be set to FM radio and you will get sound and then you can switch over to XM satellite.

Esco101

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to do a soft reset when this problem occurs on the 12 inch Uconnect with no sound and not able to play any music??

Jgon371

Reaction score
Is there a solution to the xm problem. Maybe use android auto and xm app instead of uconn xm?

Jgon371

Reaction score
Its not xm... my ucon$hit went no sound with Android car, fm, am, and Bluetooth. I am starting a journal and find out if there is a constant when off to on. There has to be a reason why this happens. This is very upsetting....65k truck and no sound. My wife's soccer mom car works better.

Users who are viewing this thread