5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound and then no backup camera

Lalantodd

Reaction score
I am a new Ram 1500 owner. I picked up my Laramie last week. Today I had my first problem with the truck. The speakers would not turn on. The CarPlay, navigation, FM, AM and Sirius XM all seemed to work but no sound. I brought it in this morning and after checking for error codes the unit started to work. The advisor said the code was not active and I should be fine. I did not write the code down but it was something about “implausible data received from RF module”. On the way home the backup camera also decided to stop working. Has anyone out there experienced these issues. This is not a good impression for a diehard GM vehicle owner trying something new!

Attachments

• 41CB85C3-AC86-40FD-BFC8-FA81091FE993.jpeg
    41CB85C3-AC86-40FD-BFC8-FA81091FE993.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

Haines28

Reaction score
Were you ever able to get this fixed? Currently experiencing the same issues.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have experienced both. The camera has been infrequent but the sound will cut out (or not work) on a semi-regular basis. FCA/the dealerhship has promised software upgrades for over a year that haven't happened yet.

To fix the audio problem cycle through the inputs using the center button on the back of the steering wheel (right side). For some reason that works for me and any time I don't have audio that fixes it.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can, get the dealer to replace the back up camera. It has fixed others with the issue here. It was also the fix FCA authorized for Jeeps with this issue.

I have the issue seldomly so have not been able to get to the dealer when it's happening

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread