5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No "Snow Flakes" Rating on OEM Falken Wildpeak AT3WA Tires?

ramain

Reaction score
My Laramie 4x4 (with Off Road Package) comes with Falken Wildpeak AT3WA.

But the retail version from Falken is "Wildpeak AT3W" (no A). And the official website clear states it comes with "Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) symbol". http://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire
But there is no "Snow Flake" symbols on my truck tires, but only M+S.

In another thread https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/falken-oem-tires.741/, it seems that OEM AT3WA has compromised performance comparing to retail one. But I'm not sure if the snow capability is compromised.

Time for a second set of snow tires + rims?

Rich

Reaction score
I was trying to decide if I wanted a set of winter tires and rims and started to look into the tires I had on my truck. One tire dealer said he used the Falkens as his choice of a winter tire, but this was before I realized that the OEM tires we have are different from the average retail Falken tire.

Researching I found the same thing and was surprised! They do say "M + S" on them, but I'm not sure of how they would perform in snow as compared to the version with the "snow flake" version.

The problem is when asking about the tire, everyone thinks it's the retail AT3W and says "great tire!".

It's a big disappointment when you research what you think you have purchased, and then find out that FCA swapped out what you thought you were getting with something different, but made to look like the original.

If anyone finds a comparison between these two variants of the tire, please post it here, thanks!

Last edited:

Rich

Reaction score
I can confirm the factory installed AT3W's perform well in the snow. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Thanks, but how do they compare in snow to the retail version of the tires.

Last edited:

Rich

Reaction score
Last edited:

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Nice research. We’re supposed to get another 5-8” of snow tomorrow into Saturday and I fully intend on going out to play in it.

Chris K.

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Falken Wildpeak 275/55/20 AT3WA tires and I can 100% confirm that they have the Three Peak Snowflake symbol on them.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You revived a thread that is over a year and a half old LOL. Same with my 2020 Laramie. My stock Falken Wildpeak's have the 3PMSF symbol on them. And they worked great for me last winter.

Users who are viewing this thread