5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Slide in Camper

WRH

Reaction score
My Bighorn Ram came with a note in the glove box that it is not recommended to use with a slide in camper. I've wondered why... maybe that I got the Bed Package with the tie down rail in the back?

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Same for pretty much any 1/2 ton truck with a shorter box and no special HD payload package. Curious if 4th gens had the same warning or it that is new?

niko

Reaction score
I was wondering how the clearance would be with the antenna on the roof in the back center. Curious to see if it is in the same place on the HD trucks.

rvsixer

Reaction score
Payload rating. The only campers you might get away with, on a "sparse" 1500, is the lightweight pop up ones (FWC, ATC, etc.).

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
My Bighorn Ram came with a note in the glove box that it is not recommended to use with a slide in camper. I've wondered why... maybe that I got the Bed Package with the tie down rail in the back?
Just to confirm, slide in campers are the ones that sit on the bed of the truck right?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I have seen a pickup with one. Hardly see them with camper shells anymore. Maybe they're popular in other parts of the country.

D

Deleted member 85

Same for pretty much any 1/2 ton truck with a shorter box and no special HD payload package. Curious if 4th gens had the same warning or it that is new?
4th Gens had the same warning.

We use multi-link coil rear suspension, IMHO - I would never put any sort of camper in a half-ton, especially a Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread