5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No map display after upgrade. 12” uc4

Shives

Reaction score
Afternoon… just upgraded my 2019 ram 1500 to the 12” from 8.4 non-navigation. Install was great and straight forward. Did alfaobd. Got the unit working after sitting over night.

Problem is I have no GPS function. Says location unavailable… I can zoom out and see the world, I can see where I am without map streets and guidelines.. my signal says it has my location with strong confidence.

I was on 39.7. On 39.9 now… update did its thing. But no map display… I see where people replace cell cards, but I have satellite signal strength. All bars almost full. I have witech and might plug that in.

Anyone see this before? Thanks

Last edited:

FM45

Reaction score
@Shives --- that's a new one on me... I have a spare module, tho its a Canadian version, all is working --- I use it to trouble shoot issues that may arise on a customers vehicle... We are in the same state, I believe... before you drive yourself crazy, it's available to you as a test...

-=FM45=-

Shives

Reaction score
I’m in Mass…. I just pulled codes, and the radio is working. But has a ton of communication codes with other items. I don’t know how that’s effecting the GPS. Only feature not working. But… if you would allow me, would love to barrow. That would be great.

Shives

Reaction score
Items used for the update.

So on the way home, the arrow moves as I move. I can zoom out and see the world turn as I turn. Seems like I’m in the correct spot.

Also what does the debug screen supposed to have for information? Thanks. @Jimmy07 yoi happen to have any insight? Thanks for everyone’s help!

Also I was able to connect to Witech. Witech reports a bunch of codes with radio… I cleared and they came back. I have performed the steps in AlfaOBD.

This is a 2019 non-navi 8.4 unit… upgrade to 12”.

I did not think I needed anymore parts… have I purchased a wrong item? Thanks. Will post code photos in a minute

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpeg
    IMG_0073.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0081.png
    IMG_0081.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9

Shives

Reaction score
Now that I have time to look, I do see a vin mismatch with radio. Would that do this?
I re-pin ththe HVAC connection. Leaving the one taped up, still taped up. This connect had blue tape on end, and plugged into the hvac controls on the 8.4.

Also is car play a thing on the 12” like the 8.4??

I’m very confused. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

FM45

Reaction score
You just let me Know and we can meet up and go from there...
This is the plug that you re-pinned ---
12.1 Plug.jpg

-=FM45=-

Shives

Reaction score
Correct. Where abouts are you in the state? Gonna play with witech some more tomorrow. Thanks man. Super appreciate the help! Shoot me a message when you have a second.

Reaction score
Guys, just let me know if you have found any solutions. 2019 RAM 1500, and exactly the same problem. No GPS after last update.

Shives

Reaction score
What does anyone’s navigation screen look like for the debug settings!?

As well, if you or anyone can’t post the radio settings for AlfaOBD if you have a MX adapter select radio, and navigation 2017+ level 2 and it should let you in.

For some reason looks like my navigation brain won’t communicate. But, radio is working… I can use CarPlay.. I am also noticing it’s piped up with a different location a couple times.

I have updated to latest PR 40.1 with help of many… and getting a HUGE help from another fellow member! I’ll have a brain to compare!!! You rock guys!

I’ll take a photo of my settings in Alfa in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread