5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Lifts for 2020 EcoDiesel w/ Air Ride?

Big Will

Reaction score
All - I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel w/ air ride and purchased it with the intent to have it lifted immediately after purchase. I want the BDS 4" lift. However, I have been told by BDS that the front drive shafts on the 2020 EcoDiesels are 4 inches shorter than the gas models. The lift will work bu t they do not recommend because over time your driveline will wear badly and to correct, you need to have a custom drive shaft made.

Rough Country, with their 5" lift for air ride models, tells me there are no concerns using their lift with the 4" shorter front drive shaft. However, I tend to believe BDS over Rough Country. Has anyone ran into this problem trying to lift their 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesels w/ air ride. if so, what have you done? Thank you.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I would definitely side with BDS on this one… Yeah I’m kind of bummed about the 4 inch lift debacle. You can find a shop that can make a drive shaft for you there’s nothing wrong with having the custom part made. Otherwise you’re looking at a 2 to 2.5 lift. I’ve given up the fight. I’ll do the small lift and run a 33.5 inch tire

relliK

Reaction score
I would definitely side with BDS on this one… Yeah I’m kind of bummed about the 4 inch lift debacle. You can find a shop that can make a drive shaft for you there’s nothing wrong with having the custom part made. Otherwise you’re looking at a 2 to 2.5 lift. I’ve given up the fight. I’ll do the small lift and run a 33.5 inch tire

What is the method you plan on doing to accomplish the 2”-2.5” lift? Air Suspension, Eco Diesel, with ORP for me looking to level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoompastu

Reaction score
What is the method you plan on doing to accomplish the 2”-2.5” lift? Air Suspension, Eco Diesel, with ORP for me looking to level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t have air suspension. I’m going to do either fox or falcon shocks. If you have air suspension then look for a level kit specific for that. I know there are extended links that will allow your air suspension to raise up and think it’s in the normal position. I’m just not familiar with what products are out there because I have no need to research it. BDS might have something

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online