5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO KEY FOB DETECTION REAR SOAKED

Pawlus472

Reaction score
So came home from 10 days abroad only to walk outside to unlock start my truck and nothing!! Both Fobs won't work truck dead on arrival..unlocked with valet key set alarm off and nothing it won't start or do anything..had towed to dealer (shivley motors) horrible dealer and told it be next week..read some forums and apparently there is a rear 3rd brakelight seal or rear window seal crack. MY 2021 LARAMIE WITH 36133 miles is totally molded under rear seat and everything wet. Guess fried RF module amp and bass box and who knows what else..I've filed a case with RAM cares but I want my truck moved to purchasing dealer as my local dealer SUCKS and I'm getting a run around!! My 2nd bad experience with dealer and 2nd with truck ad my rack and pinion went out at 24k..so disappointed in RAM and there products. I thought a 64k truck should be flawless..things happen but now I'm at a inconvenience and can't do crap about it!! 1000006483.jpg 1000006484.jpg 1000006480.jpg

E.Hands

Reaction score
My condolences Bro that sucks! But that is a lot of puddling that must have sat for a long time. Did all of that happen in just 10 days?
Do you mind if I ask what area of the country the truck was in?
Was that snow melt or rain?

Dd19

Reaction score
From my understanding they are having problems with the cab mounted light. List price for an OEM replacement is around $20. The new replacement has a much heavier seal.

Garykentjr

Reaction score
I just dealt with this 2 weeks ago. It was the cabin pressure vents. I'd already had the rear window and brake light done. Had to pull apart the whole interior.

cerbo

Reaction score
I just dealt with this 2 weeks ago. It was the cabin pressure vents. I'd already had the rear window and brake light done. Had to pull apart the whole interior.
are those the vents that sit inside the rear door jambs on the truck? or is that new system for 24s?

Users who are viewing this thread