5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No key fob defected/Auto park error

Reaction score
every once in awhile my truck dash says no key fob detected. Normally I press the check mark on steering wheel and it works the 2nd or 3rd time. Today I got in had same issue, eventually started put into drive then immediately brake icon came on dash and then went into auto park. Turn vehicle off and back on... key fob issue again so I tried other key fob thinking maybe low battery but it did same thing. Couldn’t leave driveway , as soon as I started to drive ,truck brakes and went into auto park.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That doesn’t sound like a key fob problem , you can drive away with the truck if it’s running without the fob anywhere near the truck , you just get the beeping and the message that no key fob detected .

Reaction score
That doesn’t sound like a key fob problem , you can drive away with the truck if it’s running without the fob anywhere near the truck , you just get the beeping and the message that no key fob detected .
Yeah I’m not sure if the key fob is issue, that’s just alert I also get often. But currently It will not stay in drive, automatically goes into auto park

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve heard about the trucks doing that if a door is open ( safety feature ) , I’m not saying that’s what’s wrong with yours as I’m sure you’d notice a door open but maybe the truck thinks a door is open ?

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I’ve heard about the trucks doing that if a door is open ( safety feature )

Yeh...mine just went into Auto Park with me a few minutes ago. It's dark and I cracked my driver door open trying to back into a certain position beside my dovetail trailer in the dark. Good thing I discovered the little push half button on the light switch to turn on that bright backup LED in the outside mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread