5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No HVAC airflow from any vents

satcomtim

Reaction score
Started this morning. I have no, or no noticeable anyway, airflow out of any vents (to include defrost) in all mode settings and temps. Blower motor responds to speed changes as expected just no airflow coming out. So the air is blocked somewhere. Guessing a blend door/actuator just trying to figure out what the dual-zone Limited system has in common to block all air flow. Anyone have any insight?

It was so cold driving this morning, the condensation on the inside of the windshield was freezing as I wiped it off.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
For $h!ts and giggles, with the key on try pushing and holding the radio power button and tune button down at the same time for about 30 seconds. I noticed the other day that mine wouldn't blow heat when it was set to AUTO after I remote started the truck. If I switched it to manual controls it would start working. I held the buttons down for a soft reset and it seemed to start working properly again. I will know for sure today when I leave for work. I have a 21 with the 12" screen. It's worth a try at least

satcomtim

Reaction score
FIXED/ISSUE FOUND: Cabin air filter was damp. Removed it and running without the filter airflow is normal.

Went through the car wash last night, guessing I didn't realize I had HVAC on and not in recirc mode. Lessons learned. Not deleting in hope this helps others.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure how this gets the air filter wet. I go to carwashes regularly and have never paid attention to the HVAC settings. It's not that different than highway driving in a heavy rain.

I would look into the cause of this or you will be searching the "Does your AC smell musty?" threads soon.

Users who are viewing this thread