5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Hellwig for Christmas

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score
I was gonna buy a Hellwig rsb.. today they’re going for over $400. Has anyone tried a cheaper bar? $400+ is outrageous for just a bar.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep i have given up on getting one. I think i mess up not buying it when they were like $250 i recalled.
I think american trucks website has it the cheapest at $311

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you can get it for $311 like JL13 said I think it’s absolutely worth it. It’s one of my favorite mods I’ve done to the truck - and I’ve done a lot of mods lol. If that’s still too high I pretty regularly see guys selling theirs on this forum for the $250 range. I agree $400 starts to be real questionable. They want $700 for their front bar and I’m like daaanggg, I want it but that’s too much

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Over $400 is outrageous, that's double what it was. Bezos shipped it to my doorstep for $225 in May of 2020

tjbarney

Reaction score
Do you need to also purchase the adjustable end links? I have a 2020 ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

tjbarney

Reaction score
No, you can keep the stock end links.
I haven't gotten under the truck to see if I have them. If I do (or don't) is it better to upgrade them? If so, which ones should I get? Will be towing our travel trailer so just trying to get it the best for that.

tjbarney

Reaction score
I haven't gotten under the truck to see if I have them. If I do (or don't) is it better to upgrade them? If so, which ones should I get? Will be towing our travel trailer so just trying to get it the best for that.
Yes, I do have them. But do they need to be upgraded?

tjbarney

Reaction score
Do they "need" to be upgraded, if you are staying stock height, no. If you plan on doing a lift or level, then yes you would want the adjustable
Thank you, will be staying stock height so guess I don't need to change them out. Good, saves money! lol.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you're referring to seeing if you have stock end links, you have a stock sway bar, so you will have stock end links.

Sorry for the terse answer. I should have been more explicit. You can stick with the stock end links if you aren't lifting or lowering the truck, as @HSKR R/T said.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember bought it from Realtruck.com about 2 years ago for around $125(I know a lot of peps got it at this price too), can't believe it's that high now.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Crazy how expensive they’re getting for a simple bar. Still worth every penny though. Easily the best thing I bought for my truck. These should come this way from the factory.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at the price of everything else so i’m not surprised.. even at $400 seems to still be worth it based of all the great feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score
If you can get it for $311 like JL13 said I think it’s absolutely worth it. It’s one of my favorite mods I’ve done to the truck - and I’ve done a lot of mods lol. If that’s still too high I pretty regularly see guys selling theirs on this forum for the $250 range. I agree $400 starts to be real questionable. They want $700 for their front bar and I’m like daaanggg, I want it but that’s too much
In the past, $700 was a lot of hp mods. And it’s still no autocrosser. I saw one that was a return for a deal and didn’t jump on it.

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score
so has anyone tried a cheaper bar? The thing only needs to be stronger than stock, it’s not rocket surgery

Ktm150xcwtpi

Reaction score
American trucks had it for $311 +tax free shipping. Went ahead and ordered it. Damn you forum$!

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I haven't checked recently but if you have access to AAFES they usually have it for way cheaper and no tax and free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread