5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No GPS Signal

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tuesday had to run in to the office, usual routine, uneventful commute. finished up a few office tasks after a few hours, then got in the truck to run to an errand to a place i’ve not been before. Hit the nav button and it told me I was not on a road that the system recognized.

WHAT!?!

Looking at the nav screen it showed my location out in the Gulf of Mexico. I hit the about button and it said no GPS signal, well crap.
Everything else, besides the clock and compass and of course the navigation works.

i tried going into dealer mode and saving my settings, but I get an error message. I took the negative cable off the the battery for 30 mins, then waited another 30 mins, but nothing changed.

I set up an appointment with my dealer for next Wednesday morning. The SA said something about FCA and some updates that don’t have any user inputs messing up the navigation, and a 2 hour reinstall of the software would fix it. I doubt it, but what the heck.

reading a few posts I searched did not have any solutions other than the dealer replacing the entire radio.

just wondering if there have been any other members experiencing this phenomenon recently.

thanks for reading.
goatmann

Cravenfan

Reaction score
There are a couple other threads on this same topic...I've experienced it also. I'm thinking it's the Russians. :cool:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
made my appointment at the dealer this morning, after a two hour wait the Radio update they tried to install bricked my radio. Nothing works that the Uconnect system interfaces with, nothing.

SA said nothing they could do about replacement until they hear from FCA.
drove home with the screen telling me the update failed contact my dealer, error code :20.

I got home pulled the Neg. cable from the battery and let the truck sit for an hour. Hooked the cable back to the battery and saw that the radio tried three times to complete the update then quanked, with the same error.

I broke out the owner’s manual and looked up the radio fuse, a 20amp micro fuse (F44) behind the knee panel under the steering wheel and pulled it. Not going to roll around seeing that freakin error message.

I called Uconnect customer service who started a STAR case with FCA. supposed to hear from a case supervisor no later than Friday.

im not mad at anyone just a bit perturbed at what I perceive as the lack of a real repair procedure .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread