5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No-drill tailgate mat and rubber bed mat (for RamBox)?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new truck has the 5'7" bed and RamBoxes.

It does not have a spray-in bedliner.

I would like to put a rubber bed mat in and a rubber tailgate mat.

Are there any tailgate mats out there that don't require drilling holes in the tailgate?

And, are there any rubber bed mats that fit without having to trim them? I saw a suggestion in another thread that the Mopar one for an '18 with RamBoxes would fit just fine (in a '19 with the new body style). Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

Ranger

Reaction score
No drill tailgate mat --> YES. There are options that Velcro in place. Check out BedRug, it's not rubber though. Rubber = drill install due to the weight.

I don't recall any '19 RamBox 5'7" rubber mats. I know a couple manufacturers have "universal" mats for fleetside (no wheel arches) beds. May have to trim to fit either length or width or both.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No drill tailgate mat --> YES. There are options that Velcro in place. Check out BedRug, it's not rubber though. Rubber = drill install due to the weight.

Thanks, Ranger.

The velcro is not going to work for me. When I'm dragging scuba tanks in and out of the back, over the tailgate, I don't want to worry about something pulling loose or catching and pulling up.

And now that I say that, it makes me realize how much I was "compensating" for the rubber tailgate mat I had in my last truck. Scuba tank boots would always want to catch on the edge of the mat as I pulled them out of the truck.

I reckon I just need to ante up for a spray-in liner and then I won't have to worry about it. I didn't want to spend that money, I guess it's a good investment. And, why the dealer didn't order this truck with the spray-in liner, I will never know...

Okay, question withdrawn. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

ram0686

Reaction score
I bought a rubber bed mat and installed this...

AirAntix

Reaction score
I just bought the bed rug and it seems to go on with velcro.

I put the 2018 bedrug mat and tailgate cover in my 2019 Rambox. It’s ideal for scuba stuff as it will prevent rolling and protect both your bed and your gear. Opt for the extra spray in bed liner kit and the extra stuff will keep your tailgate mat from going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monteman1971

Reaction score
Weathertech sells a bed mat and a tailgate protector. I have the tailgate protector (its a no drill install). It's a good piece and does what's needed but I trimmed the bottom edge so it doesn't get caught between the tailgate and bed (when closed) and then rub all the paint off the bed.
It's funny that Mopar sells a tailgate protector for the prior body styles but not for the new body style unless you buy the bed liner as well. BEWARE of the tailgate protector from Mopar if you go that route. My buddy has it and it rubbed all the paint off the edge of the bed because it gets pinched between the two (that's why I didn't risk it and trimmed the Weathertech gate cover.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread