5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Damage... So Lucky. :)

BobK

Reaction score
Truck blew a tire in front me the other day. Tire ripped apartment and came off in front of me. Could not swerve in time - cars on both sides of me. Had to hit it at 70mph. Destroyed my right running board cap. Amazingly... NO damage at all to my RAM. I thought it just ripped the end cap off and contacted the place I bought it from on Amazon. They said they would sent a new piece no charge even though I offered to pay for it. 3 days later... A complete new set of running boards shows up! :) Glad they did that as I then noticed the mounts to the truck were bent bad. Cant believe nothing more happened to my baby. :)
Figured the seller deserved to be mentioned for what they did for me 6 months after the purchase. This is their amazon store:
1623449292063.png

1623449383863.png

Roothog

Reaction score
Things happen fast on the highways, glad it wasn't worse. The vendor is a saint.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick story...In 2015, I bought a new Charger Scat Pack about 1.5 hours from home. It was my wife's new car. She allowed my 17 year old son to drive the car back to Orlando after we picked it up. Less than 20 miles on the car and there was a blown tire in the middle of his lane. He couldn't swerve due to cars on both sides of him. Couldn't see the tire until it was too late due to heavy traffic. Luckily, it only scuffed the under side of the front bumper cover. The kid felt horrible that he damaged a car with less than 20 miles, but we were lucky more damage didn't happen.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 25

BNeal

Reaction score
Glad you dodged that bullet and you're ok! And hat's off to that vendor. I had my own business for over 28 years. My philosophy was always take a bad situation and make it as good as I could - even if it costs me money. That philosophy never let me down.

Support that vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread