5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No button light or dash icon for auto start-stop on 2021 Limited

Rebel19

Reaction score
I know there is another thread dealing with an auto start-stop button issues (not lighting up) on 2021s, but wanted to start a new thread specific to my issue to see if anyone knows anything about it...

I took delivery of my 2021 Limited yesterday. When going through my pre-delivery checklist, I noticed that my Auto Stop button does not have a light. I have seen reports of these buttons not lighting up, but my button is all smooth and definitely has no light on it (or any light on the cluster). Pressing the button will disable the AS, but no button light or any icon on the dash shows. So, I have no idea of the status of AS except when I stop and it either works or not. The most recent owners manual still shows a light on the button. Dealership has no clue about it. I called RAM and they had no idea. They promised that their tech team will look into it and send me an email. I will report back if/when I get a response. Very strange. My 2019 Rebel had both a lighted button and icon on dash when disabled...

bman77

Reaction score
You can check if it is enabled or not in the cluster. Just have to scroll to it but it has the "A" icon..

BobK

Reaction score
Yes, that seems to be the way they are. Mine is the same. When driving you can press it a bunch of times and you have no idea if its on or off Until you stop and then you will see the "A" light on the dash telling you its disabled (if it is disabled). Its certainly a bug. Fog light is the same! I saw somewhere on here someone said that its something to be fixed in the next software update, whenever that will be. Its annoying but since my 5.7 with eTorque is so incredibly fast, much more than any other vehicle i have owned with the auto stop start (had about 5 of them already) I am happy to finally leave it on with my RAM.

Rebel19

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I know I can navigate to it using the buttons on steering wheel but this is really a PITA. I will let you know if RAM responds back to me...

Awood05

Reaction score
Yes, that seems to be the way they are. Mine is the same. When driving you can press it a bunch of times and you have no idea if its on or off Until you stop and then you will see the "A" light on the dash telling you its disabled (if it is disabled). Its certainly a bug. Fog light is the same! I saw somewhere on here someone said that its something to be fixed in the next software update, whenever that will be. Its annoying but since my 5.7 with eTorque is so incredibly fast, much more than any other vehicle i have owned with the auto stop start (had about 5 of them already) I am happy to finally leave it on with my RAM.
I was recently at my dealers service department (for an oil change and tire rotation). While there I asked the service advisor about the software update for the Auto Start Stop button light issue. They had no clue what I was talking about. But did say that “they are typically that last to know about those things”. Interesting.....

I agree with your assessment of the eTorque start/stop system. I’ve owned and driven many Fords with the system and absolutely hated it. In fact I disabled it using special software on the last two Fords I owned. However the system is so smooth and barely noticeable on my RAM that I find myself leaving it enabled.

BobK

Reaction score
Yea, they know nothing at the dealership from my experience. :) Unless your online and on forums like here with like minded people that are interested in this stuff they usually dont know until they get a service bulletin about it.
I had Fords and Chryslers and always disabled it every single time i got in the vehicle since it turns itself back on each time. Totally fine with it in the RAM. :)

TravisJ

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have a light at all? I didn't think I had a light until I looked closer, The light is on the bottom of the button, not on the front of the button. If you literally don't have a light, how is that even possible? How could there be buttons made without a light? How strange.

I tried searching the forum for the start/stop button light not working, but couldn't find anything. Is there an update/fix for this yet for anyone that had the problem? I would be quite glad if it is just an easy fix and not 'rip out the dash to replace a stupid button' kind of problem.

BobK

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have a light at all? I didn't think I had a light until I looked closer, The light is on the bottom of the button, not on the front of the button. If you literally don't have a light, how is that even possible? How could there be buttons made without a light? How strange.

I tried searching the forum for the start/stop button light not working, but couldn't find anything. Is there an update/fix for this yet for anyone that had the problem? I would be quite glad if it is just an easy fix and not 'rip out the dash to replace a stupid button' kind of problem.
No light. Mine shows a indicator on the dash display but ONLY when the vehicle is stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread