5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No back up camera.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
So I got about 1400 miles on my 21 Laramie. The presets for radio go away and come back occasionally.
Today the back up camera went black and won’t come back.

Is this something that just will be fixed with the update that’s coming or do I need to go to the dealer.

Quig

Reaction score
Mine did the same today. Similar mileage, '21 Rebel. Not pleased.

Truckermike

Reaction score
Tonight my back up camera stopped working. I’m at 800 miles 2021 ram bighorn 12 Uconnect screen. Not too happy about a truck being a month old and this happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Tonight my back up camera stopped working. I’m at 800 miles 2021 ram bighorn 12 Uconnect screen. Not too happy about a truck being a month old and this happening.

It will probably come back

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add me to the list. Was fine this morning, then a trip to Lowe's and it was a black screen leaving the house, as well as when leaving Lowe's. I've also had the lines disappear even though they were selected and it took half a day for them to come back. I'll occasionally get a really grainy picture too with almost greenish highlights.

ac1d1ous

Reaction score
Mine did the same and I rebooted the system. Hold the power and tuning knobs in for 20 seconds, then release. It should reboot uconnect system.

BigD

Reaction score
That's the 12 inch screen for u. Plagued with problems.

BigD

Reaction score
Don't get the power steps, air suspension, diesel, sunroof, or 12 inch screen. All are plagued with problems.

90goldtsiawd

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a couple nights ago. Screen went black, rebooted system and restarted the truck multiple times and would not come back on. The next morning it was working like normal and hasn't happened again. I'm a Dodge Salesman and will be having my shop take a look at it probably tomorrow to see if they can find an issue. I checked to see if my truck had the latest UConnect updates and it showed that it did.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me a couple nights ago. Screen went black, rebooted system and restarted the truck multiple times and would not come back on. The next morning it was working like normal and hasn't happened again. I'm a Dodge Salesman and will be having my shop take a look at it probably tomorrow to see if they can find an issue. I checked to see if my truck had the latest UConnect updates and it showed that it did.
That was the outcome of my incident as well. Several starts and it still didn't work. Next day it was fine.

90goldtsiawd

Reaction score
That was the outcome of my incident as well. Several starts and it still didn't work. Next day it was fine.
My shop looked at my truck today and said that the system did in fact need an update. I'll let you guys know if it ever happens again but it didn't up to this point.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shop looked at my truck today and said that the system did in fact need an update. I'll let you guys know if it ever happens again but it didn't up to this point.
I'll have to ask them about it next time I'm at the dealer.

Duran

Reaction score
I unhooked my battery for a few hours doing some work on the truck. After plugging it back in amd running it i noticed i had no reverse camera nor the icon for it and my screem said i was locked iut i think sirius guardian was responsible. Non the less i unhooked it again amd left it and returned the next morning and everything was the norm again

Vilas15

Reaction score
Don't get the power steps, air suspension, diesel, sunroof, or 12 inch screen. All are plagued with problems.
Sad but true. Even if i had a bigger budget I wouldn't have spent it on those options.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Mine went out again today. So it’s going in. When talking to the service writer he said it’s either a bad camera or connection. At least that’s what he’s seen. We will see.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Taking mine in tomorrow to have them check for any updates and at least get it documented in case it happens again, along with documenting the no horn honk when locking regardless of what setting I choose. When I mentioned the camera sometimes having green highlights, he almost finished the sentence for me, so apparently I'm not the only one that's mentioned it there before.

Duran

Reaction score
Good luck. Let us know if there are any updates. I have a 2020 1500 laramie not sure the software my uconnect is running

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the dealer, there were no updates needed on my truck. The horn honk is working for now, but they didn’t say if they actually did anything for it or if it just happened to work when they tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread