5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Tire Vendor?

Lugnut

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5r17s and am wondering if anyone has recommendation for vendor or if site has tire vendor?
My apology if topic is violation of site rules. I searched historic threads but found very little.
Years ago I was very involved with a Mustang website and we would often organize group purchases and leverage on economies of scale to great mutual benefit between vendor and us. I have been out to pasture for some years and not sure if the rules have changed. Maybe that's why I can't find much?

But if it is OK; I'd like to support the supporting vendors and save a few bucks if possible.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5r17s and am wondering if anyone has recommendation for vendor or if site has tire vendor?
My apology if topic is violation of site rules. I searched historic threads but found very little.
Years ago I was very involved with a Mustang website and we would often organize group purchases and leverage on economies of scale to great mutual benefit between vendor and us. I have been out to pasture for some years and not sure if the rules have changed. Maybe that's why I can't find much?

But if it is OK; I'd like to support the supporting vendors and save a few bucks if possible.
I’ll be interested in a group buy 295/65/20

Jabberjaw

Reaction score
I don’t know about supporting vendors, but I’ve had great experiences with both Discount Tire Direct and Custom Offsets.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just a heads up in case you were buying those for your Ram, 17s don’t fit 5th gen 1500s. Minimum is 18, and even then some of them don’t fit over the brakes

Lugnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the experience, guys. Much appreciated.

Mclovin the wheels and tires are part of a lift kit project. I was advised of the wheel size to get by a BDS engineer but I will revisit the discussion with him before purchasing; so thank you for the heads up. He told me to get 17x9 with a 4.5 backspace, 6 on 5.5 RAM 1500 bolt pattern of course.

I'm actually looking at Method 105 Beadlocks in matte black with raw machined aluminum beadlock ring. Those would be 17x8.5" with a 4.75 backspace so I have to clear them with BDS. They look like the Method 304 Double Standard street rim with black on silver edge. I think they would look great.

I actually saw a stunning rig on this site; 5th Gen Rebel in Granite I think and with Fuel Trophy rims on Nitto 35's. That's what gave me the idea. The pictures are somewhere in the forums. You can also see that he fabricated a set of Mopar pocket fender flares that fit properly out of two pairs of them. QUITE IMPRESSIVE WORK! If you download the picture and zoom in on the front fender flare you can see the seam. I wish he'd do a thread on exactly how he nailed that fabrication because I would follow suit. IT WOULD BE NICE if Mopar would tool up for accessories and support those of us who have invested $70K or more in their 2021 vehicles!!!

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the experience, guys. Much appreciated.

Mclovin the wheels and tires are part of a lift kit project. I was advised of the wheel size to get by a BDS engineer but I will revisit the discussion with him before purchasing; so thank you for the heads up. He told me to get 17x9 with a 4.5 backspace, 6 on 5.5 RAM 1500 bolt pattern of course.

I'm actually looking at Method 105 Beadlocks in matte black with raw machined aluminum beadlock ring. Those would be 17x8.5" with a 4.75 backspace so I have to clear them with BDS. They look like the Method 304 Double Standard street rim with black on silver edge. I think they would look great.

I actually saw a stunning rig on this site; 5th Gen Rebel in Granite I think and with Fuel Trophy rims on Nitto 35's. That's what gave me the idea. The pictures are somewhere in the forums. You can also see that he fabricated a set of Mopar pocket fender flares that fit properly out of two pairs of them. QUITE IMPRESSIVE WORK! If you download the picture and zoom in on the front fender flare you can see the seam. I wish he'd do a thread on exactly how he nailed that fabrication because I would follow suit. IT WOULD BE NICE if Mopar would tool up for accessories and support those of us who have invested $70K or more in their 2021 vehicles!!!
That would definitely be a cool set up! Im
not sure what the BDS guy is talking about but I am 100% certain that 17” wheels do not fit on our trucks. 18” is the minimum and like I said, even then some 18s don’t fit. Trust me, if I could fit 17s I would have a while ago lol. Our trucks have huge brakes!

Lugnut

Reaction score
That would definitely be a cool set up! Im
not sure what the BDS guy is talking about but I am 100% certain that 17” wheels do not fit on our trucks. 18” is the minimum and like I said, even then some 18s don’t fit. Trust me, if I could fit 17s I would have a while ago lol. Our trucks have huge brakes!
Thank you, that is extremely valuable info. I owe you one!!!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of 18's either don't fit or are a few mm's from the calipers when you factor in balancing weights. My Level 8's are SUPER close, but they fit.

Lugnut

Reaction score
What about shaving the calipers? Has anyone considered it or looked into it? We used to do that with Cobras to fit 15" Weld rim.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I think some guys have done this! But depending on the wheel you’d have to shave a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online