5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridgegrappler 64k mile review

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to post my results from my Nitto Ridgegrappler 35x11.50r20. I put these on when the truck was new. Changes them out today at 63,500 miles. The wear on these have been exceptional for a large aggressive looking tire. I rotated these every 10k miles and kept tire pressure so round 36 psi. I posted a pic of the worn tires and the new. The difference is huge to say the least. While overall, I have been very pleased with these, there are a couple drawbacks. They get progressively louder over time. Recently, they have been way too loud for my liking. They also have lost considerable traction over time. This past week the truck actually broke loose on the freeway during a routine pass of a semi.
Driving the truck after installing these today,was a night and day difference. They ride way better and are almost completely quiet.
Thought this may help someone decide if you are on the fence about what tires to use. I liked them enough to put them back on.

Attachments

• 126C6868-FC20-4894-B391-D57D239EFAAB.jpeg
    126C6868-FC20-4894-B391-D57D239EFAAB.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 74BFDDAD-38C5-4F64-9233-C02DC9735385.jpeg
    74BFDDAD-38C5-4F64-9233-C02DC9735385.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 5BDA15F5-D27B-404A-8794-4E829E174424.jpeg
    5BDA15F5-D27B-404A-8794-4E829E174424.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 182

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, they definitely get louder with time, but that's typical of an aggressive tire. I had a set that had 50k on them and they were a little louder, but I still didn't notice a drop in traction. What mileage did they start getting noticeably louder and drop off in traction?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, they definitely get louder with time, but that's typical of an aggressive tire. I had a set that had 50k on them and they were a little louder, but I still didn't notice a drop in traction. What mileage did they start getting noticeably louder and drop off in traction?
It’s hard to say as it progressively gets worse over time. I’d say the last 10k miles have been noticeably loud. Traction hasn’t gotten bad till about the last 5k but only recently have I felt they may be actually getting unsafe. I suppose I could have got a few more thousand miles, but I figured it wasn’t worth the risk

bobgnarley

Reaction score
It sounds like 50k is their expiry for comfort and ride quality. Many thanks for summarizing your experience and general take.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I wanted to post my results from my Nitto Ridgegrappler 35x11.50r20. I put these on when the truck was new. Changes them out today at 63,500 miles. The wear on these have been exceptional for a large aggressive looking tire. I rotated these every 10k miles and kept tire pressure so round 36 psi. I posted a pic of the worn tires and the new. The difference is huge to say the least. While overall, I have been very pleased with these, there are a couple drawbacks. They get progressively louder over time. Recently, they have been way too loud for my liking. They also have lost considerable traction over time. This past week the truck actually broke loose on the freeway during a routine pass of a semi.
Driving the truck after installing these today,was a night and day difference. They ride way better and are almost completely quiet.
Thought this may help someone decide if you are on the fence about what tires to use. I liked them enough to put them back on.
Which truck did you have these Nitto ridge grapplers on rebel? Trx?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like an unreasonable amount of miles 63,500 on a year 22’ truck

Possibly. I traded my new 21 in with almost 59k after 15 months but on pace to do more miles than that on the 22 - I’m at 26k since April 9th of this year. Some of us just prefer not to fly for work. Lol 🤷🏽‍♂️ It’s possible he picked up his 22 model late last year & drives a little more than myself.

@JC

Reaction score
Well RGs are definitely not meant to run for 63k+ miles, they don't even have a tread life guarantee. I'm very impressed that they look as good as they do in the pics above at that mileage. Everyone I know who has them (I traded my PW with RGs at 25k miles) usually replaces them by 40k but that includes a lot of off-road/gravel which wears any tire a lot faster.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I got 1,000 miles on my ridge grapplers contemplating selling them and either getting bf Goodrich ko2 or Baja boss At’s I feel like I made a mistake with the Nitto RG’s because they are a load F don’t want to get a E load and still feel as if the ride is too harsh but the stock tires on my rebel were load e and were ok no issues as far as plastics rattling in truck whenever you hit the slush test por hole that’s my biggest issue with the RG’s

@JC

Reaction score
I got 1,000 miles on my ridge grapplers contemplating selling them and either getting bf Goodrich ko2 or Baja boss At’s I feel like I made a mistake with the Nitto RG’s because they are a load F don’t want to get a E load and still feel as if the ride is too harsh but the stock tires on my rebel were load e and were ok no issues as far as plastics rattling in truck whenever you hit the slush test por hole that’s my biggest issue with the RG’s
You've posted a couple of threads on this, what's your PSI set at? The "chalk test" is really the only way to be sure but I'd recommend somewhere between 36-42 to start with. You don't need to run 65PSI in those RGs just because it's the max PSI on the sidewall and the door jam PSI number on the Rebel fronts is silly, 55 PSI is like wearing concrete shoes. KO2s are going to have a much worse ride.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I got the psi set at 38 cold … bf Goodrich all terrain ko2 will ride worse then ride grapplers?

@JC

Reaction score
I got the psi set at 38 cold … bf Goodrich all terrain ko2 will ride worse then ride grapplers?
I despise KO2s, think they're the worst AT tires I've ever ridden on, they're loud, hard and wander and get worse as they wear.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
So goes back to what to get or stay put with what I’ve got lol this tire game is soooo stressful

@JC

Reaction score
Side wall max psi on these RG’s is 80 psi
Interesting, Im coming from the PW/Wrangler world so 17" rims and those Nittos are 65PSI max 10ply, didn't realize the 18"s were 80PSI 12ply. I guess that could make it a stiffer sidewall than the 17"s. You could try the RGs in LT325/65R18 E 10ply, in the real world the tire size is almost identical.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So goes back to what to get or stay put with what I’ve got lol this tire game is soooo stressful
Please keep further questions/comments related to your other thread in your other thread. There’s no need for cross-posting.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Isn’t this thread about Nitto ridge grapplers ? I think we are staying on topic

Users who are viewing this thread