5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grappler

JVS0302

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with Nitto Ridge Grappler tires?

I am looking to change my stock night edition wheels to a Vossen 22 inch and looking for either a 285/45 or 305/45

The Ridge Grappler is available in a non-LT tire for both sizes. I am mostly street driving so I want the ability to go off-road without adding too much tire noise for highway driving.

Any reviews or owners of this tire out there?

Here are the sizes from the Nitto website:

1626282322110.png

Rmazzei

Reaction score
Nitto are not great in Snow or rain. Go with Toyo AT3 305/45/22. Amazing tire

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I have had a few sets 0f Nittos on my last few trucks over the years, always been super happy with them and a very quiet tire for the aggressive looks! As far as noise if you stick with the ridge, exo, or terras they are all 3 really good hybrid tires very quiet down the highway but more than capable offroad if needed, the terras are the least aggressive looking of the 3. Also another option if you wanted to save some money but still get that aggressive look with good quality low road noise would be look into the Falkens...we just put the wildpeaks on the ol lady's jeep a couple months ago and absolutely loving them so far! Great looking tire and super quiet as well.... The wildpeaks are great in the rain and on gravel, which we have alot of around here! Just a thought, but either way you'll be happy with the ridges, great tire!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Nitto are not great in Snow or rain. Go with Toyo AT3 305/45/22. Amazing tire
I live in Iowa... Get a **** ton of snow in winter, have had 3 sets of Nittos (trail grappler, then exos, then ridges) never had an issue, did great in winter! Lol don't believe everything you read online, I know the toyo guys throw anything and everything out there how the toyos are so much better then the Nittos but IMO the nitto has a MUCH better, more aggressive looking sidewall and is more than capable enough in snow rain dirt etc... And super quiet down the highway! Absolutely ZERO complaints from me after running 3 different versions of the Nittos, wouldn't hesitate a bit to buy another set.

JVS0302

Reaction score
I have had a few sets 0f Nittos on my last few trucks over the years, always been super happy with them and a very quiet tire for the aggressive looks! As far as noise if you stick with the ridge, exo, or terras they are all 3 really good hybrid tires very quiet down the highway but more than capable offroad if needed, the terras are the least aggressive looking of the 3. Also another option if you wanted to save some money but still get that aggressive look with good quality low road noise would be look into the Falkens...we just put the wildpeaks on the ol lady's jeep a couple months ago and absolutely loving them so far! Great looking tire and super quiet as well.... The wildpeaks are great in the rain and on gravel, which we have alot of around here! Just a thought, but either way you'll be happy with the ridges, great tire!

Thanks for the input man, really good info in both of your posts.

I think I just found the tire for me! The Terra Grappler G2 is a little less aggressive than the Ridge Grappler which is more in line with my goals to have a street-focused truck with off road capability. Plus it comes in a 305/45 r22 and is available now. I know the Toyo's are great as well but I think they are more aggressive than I need and not available anywhere in the size I am looking for.

Check out this video I found online. They fit on stock air suspension with no modification.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A quick google search for ridge grappler 5th gen Ram brings up at least 10 threads about that tire on this site.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the input man, really good info in both of your posts.

I think I just found the tire for me! The Terra Grappler G2 is a little less aggressive than the Ridge Grappler which is more in line with my goals to have a street-focused truck with off road capability. Plus it comes in a 305/45 r22 and is available now. I know the Toyo's are great as well but I think they are more aggressive than I need and not available anywhere in the size I am looking for.

Check out this video I found online. They fit on stock air suspension with no modification.

I have a buddy with the G2’s on his truck. We live in MN and do a lot of ice fishing so I asked him how they handled the winter weather and he said they did great. They are definitely less aggressive so they should fit your needs nicely. I like the look of the ridge grapplers and would have like to try a set but I can’t stomach what they charge for them.

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
Let me know if you want to get rid of your stock 22's. Not sure where you are located though

JVS0302

Reaction score
I have a buddy with the G2’s on his truck. We live in MN and do a lot of ice fishing so I asked him how they handled the winter weather and he said they did great. They are definitely less aggressive so they should fit your needs nicely. I like the look of the ridge grapplers and would have like to try a set but I can’t stomach what they charge for them.
Thanks man. Strange that on the Nitto website they give better rating for quietness to the Ridge Grappler whereas I would have assumed it is noisier due to the more aggressive tread design.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am on my second set of Ridge Grapplers and I am very happy with them. They are pretty quiet for a semi-aggressive tire. They work great on wet and snowy roads (we get between 70-90" of snow per year) and they are good for off-road duty.

I was also looking for a non-LT tire because I didn't want to screw up the smooth riding characteristics of my new truck and I didn't want to take a big hit in MPG. Nitto has a pretty good selection of non-LT tires in both the Terra Grappler and the Ridge Grappler. After doing a bunch of research on this site and others, I went with the Ridge Grappler again. Like you discovered, even though the Terra Grappler looks less aggressive, it seems to be louder. The reviews on the Terra Grappler are all over the place, whereas the Ridge Grappler has mostly positive reviews.

JVS0302

Reaction score
I am on my second set of Ridge Grapplers and I am very happy with them. They are pretty quiet for a semi-aggressive tire. They work great on wet and snowy roads (we get between 70-90" of snow per year) and they are good for off-road duty.

I was also looking for a non-LT tire because I didn't want to screw up the smooth riding characteristics of my new truck and I didn't want to take a big hit in MPG. Nitto has a pretty good selection of non-LT tires in both the Terra Grappler and the Ridge Grappler. After doing a bunch of research on this site and others, I went with the Ridge Grappler again. Like you discovered, even though the Terra Grappler looks less aggressive, it seems to be louder. The reviews on the Terra Grappler are all over the place, whereas the Ridge Grappler has mostly positive reviews.
Great input, thanks man I appreciate it. I still think I am edging towards the Terra Grappler just given the fact I will rarely be off of pavement and the Ridge Grappler seems like overkill for my application. Will let you guys know

Rlandon

Reaction score
Running Terra G2's here and they are very quiet, especially with the Ram ANC system. Probably doesn't help either that I play the 12" Alpine loud, haha! You'll like the tire. I run the 295/60/20 with the ReadyLIFT 3.5 system.

Along those lines with the Nitto's and any other tire, how many are using Nitrogen instead of regular air? Mine have Nitrogen which with the LT rated Nitto Terra G2 I'm running at 35 lbs but think I should go higher to 37 or so. Trying to get the best mileage out of them. What are you running? The tire shop this morning said I should be at 40. Which doesn't agree with the onboard pressure alarm/lights/horn honks/etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online