5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grappler Rubbing 285/70/18

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
I have King 2.5 front coilovers installed and added 1" preload. i have Method 305 wheels. Front left (driver side) rubs when turned fully to the left. passenger side doesn't rub. I've seen several threads where people have these tires and work fine. Ride height is pretty much the same all the way around. any thoughts or recos?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd look at the fender liner, you'll see scuff marks where the tire is rubbing. What is the offset of the rim?

flying53brian

Reaction score
I have King 2.5 front coilovers installed and added 1" preload. i have Method 305 wheels. Front left (driver side) rubs when turned fully to the left. passenger side doesn't rub. I've seen several threads where people have these tires and work fine. Ride height is pretty much the same all the way around. any

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
the offset is -12, I believe. others seem to be fine, even with stock suspension. the odd thing is the passenger side doesn't rub

flying53brian

Reaction score
Do you have drivers side lean? I did when fuel tank is full and had to dial in a little more pre-load into coilover which corrected drivers side rubbing.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not the brand of the tire that causes the rubbing. You need to get out and see what it is rubbing on. Remove that and it won't rub anymore.

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
It's not the brand of the tire that causes the rubbing. You need to get out and see what it is rubbing on. Remove that and it won't rub anymore.
I saw some posts relating to alignment (caster, camber) being issue....how can I tell if shop didn't align correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread