5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Recon Grappler A/T

limechallenger

Reaction score
Anybody try Nitto Recon Grappler A/T's yet? I had ridge Grapplers on my 2014 Ram 2 door and loved them until they got loud after 45,000 miles. Just wondering if the Recons are any better? I will be replacing my Goodyear Duratracs this spring, looking for something different! Quiet being a priority!

TyH2009

Reaction score
I had them in a 305/45/22, decent tire, no real qualms, a bit louder than I was expecting but it was my first AT tire. Wanted something taller, the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss were cheaper in a 285/55/22, so I tried those, heard good things and tbh I like the Mickey’s better.

Arth

Reaction score
Had them on my 22 3500. Really enjoyed them. 1000000434.jpg

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen reviews of being in the cold climate not the greatest.

Brunzca

Reaction score
I had the Recons on my '21 1500, and was very happy with them. Will likely be going with them again when I upgrade my '22, between those and the Toyo A/T III

Brunzca

Reaction score
Don’t discount the Mickey Thompsons. I’ve been happy with them.
They are on my list.. Being a numbers dork, I actually put all 3 on a spreadsheet. The Toyos weigh the least, the MT's weigh the most. The Nitto's have the longest warranty (but only by 5k over the other 2). The MT's cost the most, the Toyos and Nittos are almost exactly the same price. It may come down to which of the 3 I can get the best deal on when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

TyH2009

Reaction score
They are on my list.. Being a numbers dork, I actually put all 3 on a spreadsheet. The Toyos weigh the least, the MT's weigh the most. The Nitto's have the longest warranty (but only by 5k over the other 2). The MT's cost the most, the Toyos and Nittos are almost exactly the same price. It may come down to which of the 3 I can get the best deal on when I'm ready to pull the trigger.
I bought the Mickeys on sale and with a $100 rebate. For for 285/55/22 they were the cheapest by about $200 for the set. Toyos were the most expensive.

Brunzca

Reaction score
I bought the Mickeys on sale and with a $100 rebate. For for 285/55/22 they were the cheapest by about $200 for the set. Toyos were the most expensive.
Nice! I'm replacing my 22s with 20s, so prob going with 285/65/20s. They're all pretty close. Online, Toyos and Recon's within $5 of each other, MT's about $40 more each.. I've got an acquaintance who owns a tire shop, gave a a quote on the Nittos a little below the online price, havent checked with him on the others yet

Users who are viewing this thread