5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitrofill Registration

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Found a pack of Nitrofill valve caps in the glove box of my 2021 Ram. I assume my tires contain nitrogen & if so Nitrofill requires a registration be done. I need a registration number but my dealer seems unfamiliar with the situation. Any advice?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t waste any time on that....the registration is not worth anything.
Nitrogen makes a bigger diff in tube tires. Not that it’s a bad thing, just of limited value in this application.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Found a pack of Nitrofill valve caps in the glove box of my 2021 Ram. I assume my tires contain nitrogen & if so Nitrofill requires a registration be done. I need a registration number but my dealer seems unfamiliar with the situation. Any advice?
Did you ASSUME the dealer put the Nitrofill valve caps in the glove box?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually witnessed the “lot boy” at our local Ram dealer going from vehicle to vehicle that had just rolled off the transport truck. I had my truck in for service and watched as the new vehicles were unloaded and then the he immediately replaced the black caps with green caps...not an air hose in sight.

I asked the Service Advisor about it when they were done servicing my truck and the look on her face spoke volumes. She stated “Oh, well, we put the nitrogen in the tires during the Pre-Delivery Inspection.” One more reason why I have never paid a dime for nitrogen filled tires...

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
I actually witnessed the “lot boy” at our local Ram dealer going from vehicle to vehicle that had just rolled off the transport truck. I had my truck in for service and watched as the new vehicles were unloaded and then the he immediately replaced the black caps with green caps...not an air hose in sight.

I asked the Service Advisor about it when they were done servicing my truck and the look on her face spoke volumes. She stated “Oh, well, we put the nitrogen in the tires during the Pre-Delivery Inspection.” One more reason why I have never paid a dime for nitrogen filled tires...
Was it by any chance Lithia C.D.J.R of Corpus Christi?

Runagun

Reaction score
If you want higher % of nitrogen in your tires go to Costco.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was it by any chance Lithia C.D.J.R of Corpus Christi?
No, it was a Houston area Ram dealer (Mac Haik) but I have purchased from Lithia dealerships in the past who try to sell the same snake oil/air!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yep, easy money for them... spend $5 on valve stem caps then charge $200 or more for the “service” and no way to prove they didn’t do it. They’ll just line item it in with the sales contract and nobody notices or figures since it’s already “done” they have to pay for it. Just ask them how they got all the residual air out before refilling with nitrogen and watch them crawfish and make stuff up.

U

User_3336

Yep, easy money for them... spend $5 on valve stem caps then charge $200 or more for the “service” and no way to prove they didn’t do it. They’ll just line item it in with the sales contract and nobody notices or figures since it’s already “done” they have to pay for it. Just ask them how they got all the residual air out before refilling with nitrogen and watch them crawfish and make stuff up.
Yeah, I've heard the "its already done", when there is absolutely no way of knowing.... Nitro fill is a large profit margin for a dealer. just like "paint and fabric protectant package" for $995!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A nerdy way to verify nitrogen filled tires is check the tire pressure before and after driving. Air filled tires will increase 4-5 psi, while nitrogen filled tires will increase 1-2 psi. There's an equation but I was too busy trying to kill myself with alcohol poisoning during college to remember

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A nerdy way to verify nitrogen filled tires is check the tire pressure before and after driving. Air filled tires will increase 4-5 psi, while nitrogen filled tires will increase 1-2 psi. There's an equation but I was too busy trying to kill myself with alcohol poisoning during college to remember
If it is increasing that much you have too much water, humidity in the tires. You need a better drier on the compressor. water expands 1500 times as vapor, "air" is only 1%. .01 times

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
There's an equation but I was too busy trying to kill myself with alcohol poisoning during college to remember
Yeah, it's the Ideal Gas Law, but as @Aseras said that 20% of O2 will expand so close to Nitrogen in ratio as to be undetectable with a tire pressure gauge. It's humidity, maybe you are in the south?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online