5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nit Picking Observation

Dktampa

Reaction score
Just bought a 2023 1500 Laramie with the etorque engine (5000 miles) and so far love the truck (former 2016 F150 XLT owner). Had trouble with CarPlay dropping in and out but I think I solved that (after finding I had latest software on both truck and phone) by going on phone (14) to Settings, Face ID & passcodes and toggling the accessories on (default is off). Has dropped out once in the past week one time (have had truck 2 weeks now and it dropped multiple times the first week) but came back next time I started the truck (previously would or wouldn't as a few times I had to restore truck settings to factory. So that is solved. I have had a few episodes of the rear camera going out. Yesterday I was backing into a space, got the proximity warning then the truck stopped itself and I couldn't move. Then I noticed the truck had set the parking brake. Is this normal? I had plenty of room to back up but the ground behind me was slopping upward. The camera then went off too. The other thing I did not like is the holes on the front for a tag were very noticeable (truck is white) but I took care of that with a tag. Another similar issue is the appearance of the side at the very bottom. Previous owner put aftermarket (I think) retractable running boards so perhaps a trim piece had to be left off. I don't know. All I know is at a distance I can see a bunch of black ovals that look like for drainage. It looks weird. I might paint that area black to make it disappear. Anyone else have either the backup camera issue or the unsightly side appearance along the very bottom of the truck? Maybe this is normal but the white makes it stand out just like the holes on the front where the tag goes (dealer wanted $80 for tag bracket but I found one on Amazon for $20).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's a lot to unpack here. Let's break it down.
Just bought a 2023 1500 Laramie with the etorque engine (5000 miles) and so far love the truck (former 2016 F150 XLT owner). Had trouble with CarPlay dropping in and out but I think I solved that (after finding I had latest software on both truck and phone) by going on phone (14) to Settings, Face ID & passcodes and toggling the accessories on (default is off). Has dropped out once in the past week one time (have had truck 2 weeks now and it dropped multiple times the first week) but came back next time I started the truck (previously would or wouldn't as a few times I had to restore truck settings to factory. So that is solved. I have had a few episodes of the rear camera going out.
There's a recall for the rearview camera - take it to a dealer to have it addressed (if it's not addressed by a firmware update).
Yesterday I was backing into a space, got the proximity warning then the truck stopped itself and I couldn't move. Then I noticed the truck had set the parking brake. Is this normal? I had plenty of room to back up but the ground behind me was slopping upward. The camera then went off too. The other thing I did not like is the holes on the front for a tag were very noticeable (truck is white) but I took care of that with a tag.
Take off the tag and buy some bumper plugs. Contact @Acogs91 (here's a post with his info)
Another similar issue is the appearance of the side at the very bottom. Previous owner put aftermarket (I think) retractable running boards so perhaps a trim piece had to be left off. I don't know. All I know is at a distance I can see a bunch of black ovals that look like for drainage. It looks weird. I might paint that area black to make it disappear.
Not sure what you're talking about - you'll need to post a picture. There's no trim piece to take off along the sides. Are you seeing the pinch welds along the bottom of the cab?
Anyone else have either the backup camera issue or the unsightly side appearance along the very bottom of the truck? Maybe this is normal but the white makes it stand out just like the holes on the front where the tag goes (dealer wanted $80 for tag bracket but I found one on Amazon for $20).

Acogs91

Reaction score
Just bought a 2023 1500 Laramie with the etorque engine (5000 miles) and so far love the truck (former 2016 F150 XLT owner). Had trouble with CarPlay dropping in and out but I think I solved that (after finding I had latest software on both truck and phone) by going on phone (14) to Settings, Face ID & passcodes and toggling the accessories on (default is off). Has dropped out once in the past week one time (have had truck 2 weeks now and it dropped multiple times the first week) but came back next time I started the truck (previously would or wouldn't as a few times I had to restore truck settings to factory. So that is solved. I have had a few episodes of the rear camera going out. Yesterday I was backing into a space, got the proximity warning then the truck stopped itself and I couldn't move. Then I noticed the truck had set the parking brake. Is this normal? I had plenty of room to back up but the ground behind me was slopping upward. The camera then went off too. The other thing I did not like is the holes on the front for a tag were very noticeable (truck is white) but I took care of that with a tag. Another similar issue is the appearance of the side at the very bottom. Previous owner put aftermarket (I think) retractable running boards so perhaps a trim piece had to be left off. I don't know. All I know is at a distance I can see a bunch of black ovals that look like for drainage. It looks weird. I might paint that area black to make it disappear. Anyone else have either the backup camera issue or the unsightly side appearance along the very bottom of the truck? Maybe this is normal but the white makes it stand out just like the holes on the front where the tag goes (dealer wanted $80 for tag bracket but I found one on Amazon for $20).

a3b26a115b40bea2db880fdff0a245a8.jpg

Here is a customer photo of plugs I sold to them. I have many more photos if you’re interested. $25 for a set of 4 paint matched plugs, free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread