5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night vs sport?

U

User_3336

Tradesman is like a fake trim imo.
It is the "worktruck" trim. I had this one for a while. I added Rebel wheels and tires and step boards.

Interesting that the Back to Serve edition has the same front end and grille.

ra2 - Copy.jpg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you guys tried building a Tradesman? It’s actually pretty surprising how well you can load them up with options. Can even add the Night or Sport packages.

If you don’t want all the high end creature comforts inside but still want a nice looking truck on the exterior the Tradesman is actually a great bargain.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Have you guys tried building a Tradesman? It’s actually pretty surprising how well you can load them up with options. Can even add the Night or Sport packages.

If you don’t want all the high end creature comforts inside but still want a nice looking truck on the exterior the Tradesman is actually a great bargain.
Depends what you consider a bargin.

A 2023 Tradesman starts at 48.8k per the website with 4x4 5'7 bed and a hemi.

That was the MSRP of my 18 Silverado with a Bose sound system and nav.
The 2023 tradesman has UC3....

Once you load it up it's around 58k MSRP which is kind of expensive for what it is... I paid 64k for my Limited (which is still a lot money).
Also looks like a Bighorn gets you better options for less price when you try and load up a Tradesman.
The Tradesman should start in the mid 30s and be fully loaded by the time it's in the high 40ks imo.

Only thing it's good for is getting a truck to tow.

Dewey

Reaction score

Once you load it up it's around 58k MSRP which is kind of expensive for what it is... I paid 64k for my Limited (which is still a lot money).
Also looks like a Bighorn gets you better options for less price when you try and load up a Tradesman.
The Tradesman should start in the mid 30s and be fully loaded by the time it's in the high 40ks imo.

Comparing a 2023 truck price to a 2018 truck price.🤣

HemiDude

Reaction score

Good point. I just went to the build site and built a Tradesman as close to the '20 Bighorn I had. The price was about what sticker was on my '20, but it was a surprisingly optioned build. For kicks I then went and built a similar truck in Big Horn trim. Price was fairly close, one thing I did notice is that selecting the Sport option no longer defaulted to 20" wheels on the Big Horn, adding an additional $1300.

I suppose a lesson here is exactly what you said... You can get a very nice truck in the Tradesman, though if you were going to go fully loaded you might consider the Big Horn instead. One thing I do wonder is if insurance would be cheaper on the Tradesman.

U

User_3336

Consider that a 22 BigHorn compared to 23 BigHorn with basically the same options increase by over $4300 alone..

Every little option package increased. Prices went up. Rebates went down. People still buy them.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sport comes with body colored bumpers, body colored appliqué and grille surround, black trim pieces around the windows, etc., some black trim pieces in the cabin.. it still has chrome emblems..and polished aluminum wheels, and bright exhaust tips..

Night Edition adds black appliqué and grill surround, black emblems, black wheels, black exhaust tips.. black trimmed headlights/tail lights.. maybe a couple of things I am forgetting.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Notable differences on the night edition besides black accents are better rims and limited slip. Sports have the same chrome clad 20's as a normal Bighorn. I found the chrome clad to be turn off after a while on my 4th gen Express. Specially when crud flings out of them after cleaning the truck

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Naw, not necessarily. I just drove a Black Sport Big Horn, and the only chrome was the badges (wheels were alum, not the shiny chrome)
the bumper, grille, and bumper were all body color.
In fact, it looked similar to the Night edition in many ways, but no black wheels.

View attachment 159104
Are you sure? Where is the sport hood on this truck?

U

User_3336

Are you sure? Where is the sport hood on this truck?
Read Post #4. The sport performance hood only comes on the Laramie trims and up for the sport appearance package. NOT on a Big Horn.

U

User_3336

Again, what you get in the NIGHT and SPORT APPEARANCE PKG depends on the model (Big Horn, Laramie, etc.
Pictures of what you get in each package has already been posted for the Big Horn and Laramie.

Fbird

Reaction score
It is the "worktruck" trim. I had this one for a while. I added Rebel wheels and tires and step boards.

Interesting that the Back to Serve edition has the same front end and grille.

View attachment 159114
What trim package is this
? I too have a WHITE BH and want to de-chrome it with either black or...maybe paint it up as a Sport

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Haha the fully loaded Laramie I bought at the end of 2019 had an MSRP of $58k. Prices have seriously gone up in the last three plus years.

Users who are viewing this thread