5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Owners

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These all come in a set of 20 and I need 24 😒
I was looking at those lug nuts, but I noticed a few of the reviews complained they rusted after only a few weeks. If you live in a snowy climate, I would look elsewhere. Jloops lives in Florida, so any lug nut will likely work for him without rusting.

x50

Reaction score
I got the caps from Amazon. I was going to put them on today but it was cold and I was lazy.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I've noticed most of the OEM's put chrome lug nuts on black wheels and rust is probably the reason. I did a pretty thorough search for the best black lug nuts I could find, and it seems McGard is one of the few that have a lifetime guarantee against rust. I think the difference is the McGard black lug nuts are black chrome, not painted. They don't match the matte black wheel color as well as painted lug nuts, so I bought the shortest, spline type I could find, so they would be less noticeable.
View attachment 114638
Nice looking wheels there. McGard is the brand I'm leaning towards. They're not cheap, but if the hold up well it could be cheaper in the long run by not needing to replace them after each winter.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice looking wheels there. McGard is the brand I'm leaning towards. They're not cheap, but if the hold up well it could be cheaper in the long run by not needing to replace them after each winter.
Thanks. That was my thinking.

x50

Reaction score
Interesting. The mirrors on my truck have flake just like the grille. Here's a pic, but it's hard to see. The camera keeps focusing on the reflection of my phone instead of the mirror. Looks like dust in the pic, but that's the flake. There's no dust on the mirror cap.

Mirror caps and grille on mine are DBCP!

I just went out and looked at mine and you're right.

Confirmed. Mirrors and grill are both DBCP.

x50

Reaction score
I put the lugnut covers on. I think it's OK for the price.

BEFORE
wheel_before.jpg

AFTER
wheel_after.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread