5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Grille Applique?

puddingstomp

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2022 Laramie GT with the Night Edition in the Granite Crystal Metallic. Something I know I'm going to want to change pretty quickly is the little "grille" piece between the RAM radiator grille and hood. I've looked at a few online OEM parts places and I believe the part is called a Grille Applique. Does anyone know if these come prepainted? The descriptions on most of those online parts places are nonexistent. Would love to just be able to order one in the Granite Crystal Metallic rather than removing the piece and having it color matched at a body shop.

Body panel in question is circled in red:

nTTj9QI.jpg

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
they either come in Chrome or black plastic. you would need to paint or find one used online. anything prepainted wouldnt 100% match anyways

puddingstomp

Reaction score
they either come in Chrome or black plastic. you would need to paint or find one used online. anything prepainted wouldnt 100% match anyways
Thanks for the response! We do have a couple really good body shops around here, I was just hoping for the easy way out lol. Might just have to keep an eye out at junk yards.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
That should be a super easy paint job for any body shop. A little masking and hit all of the visible areas, no need for removal and reinstall.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered a 2022 Laramie GT with the Night Edition in the Granite Crystal Metallic. Something I know I'm going to want to change pretty quickly is the little "grille" piece between the RAM radiator grille and hood. I've looked at a few online OEM parts places and I believe the part is called a Grille Applique. Does anyone know if these come prepainted? The descriptions on most of those online parts places are nonexistent. Would love to just be able to order one in the Granite Crystal Metallic rather than removing the piece and having it color matched at a body shop.

nTTj9QI.jpg

The part that you're looking for (68293107AI) is called Grille Applique, yes.
It comes in textured black, ready for paint, or chrome.
These are the only two options you can order.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought that part was called a deflector and the grille applique was just the grille being a different color .
Learn something new every day .

x50

Reaction score
I wonder if someone with a 2022 sport model in the same color would do a swap with you.

cervelo15

Reaction score

nTTj9QI.jpg
If your up for it, you can probably vinyl wrap that in any color of the rainbow. It does come off easily and you can get a carbon fiber texture wrap or something of the like.

There are a lot of curves and contours, so you just need to be patient when wrapping and hit it with some heat to make it more flexible to get around the curves.

Reaction score
Were you able to do the swap for a body colored one? I'd be interested in buying you're used gloss black applique if so

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

puddingstomp

Reaction score
Were you able to do the swap for a body colored one? I'd be interested in buying you're used gloss black applique if so

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately haven't had a chance to even check into it at all yet. From the replies it looks like I'll have to go OEM unpainted piece and have a local body shop paint match for me. I'll for sure let you know if/when that happens if you don't already have a gloss black by then.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
The part that you're looking for (68293107AI) is called Grille Applique, yes.
It comes in textured black, ready for paint, or chrome.
These are the only two options you can order.
There are actually 4 part numbers on the dealers end for said part
68293107AI - Black Texture
68443433AD - Black texture as well, but with sales code MF4
6BT13SZ0AJ - Chrome
6BT18TZZAJ - Unpainted

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6BT18TZZAJ - Unpainted is part you want.
if painting I’m thinking you want it smooth like body panels once painted.
That was the part I ordered

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
You can paint it, it would be body colored but still textured.
Paint adhesion will fail in no time. Theres no real way to prep the textured plastic to where primer or paint will properly 100% adhere. Also, once you start applying a coat of primer, you start to lose the texture. More so when you add a color and clear coat. Ive see it attempted, but in the long run, youre better off buying the correct applique and having it painted.

sig-nifigant

Reaction score

I did this 6BT18TZZAJ $161 from the dealer other places had it cheaper but over $200 to ship and paint was $210 so $371 plus tax just for that little piece​

Users who are viewing this thread