5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition Grille and Stone Chips....

nburd

Reaction score
It was inevitable. 41 days of ownership, 2300 miles and my first Stone chip. Right on the top of the black grille header. I touched it up with some universal black metallic touch up and buffed It so it’s just a little divot now and barely noticeable, but it’s good to know there is white plastic or primer under there so they stick out and show pretty bad when it happens. Anyone had the same issue? I guess I may invest in a clear bra kit.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I really wanted a night edition but needed a bench front seat so couldn't if the option. I wonder if linex ultra would look nice and hold up better. Hmmm.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would just get a clear bra put on. I had a clear bra on mine until I got in a fender bender in August. the bumper took the impact but the grill appeared to be all scratched up until I pulled the bra off, was like brand new with no damage underneath. I am getting the bra reinstalled next weekend now that the paint has had enough time to cure on the new bumper.

Mr.G

Reaction score
I have put a clear bra on several of my vehicles. You just need a rubber scraper, soapy water, hair dryer and lots of patience. The price some shops want to apply these is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread