5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHTSA Campaign Number 19V556000

mpurkey

Reaction score
This may not be news or may have been posted already. If so moderator please delete. I’m traveling and don’t have time to search to be sure. Seems there may be another recall.

Attachments

• Unknown.pdf
    21.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
However, if I am reading this recall correctly, it looks like only one vehicle is involved.

mustard54

Reaction score
Looks like any of us with a 2019 Ram 1500 regardless of trim will be getting notified. Yippee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tundralag

Reaction score
Yep it looks like one dude is getting a new cluster.. Its very clear that it only for one vehicle and they would contact that owner to have it fixed..

Gsmith223

Reaction score
looks like all 2019 DTs are affected. FYI this is a hold till parts arrive. So the dealer has to have possession of the truck to order parts and keep the truck till the repair is finished. OMG no thanks I waited 2 months for the parts on the brake squeal to come in.

mpurkey

Reaction score
However, if I am reading this recall correctly, it looks like only one vehicle is involved.
I wondered the same thing. However, surely that means just one model under the FCA brand? Would they issue a recall for one vehicle I wonder?

Gsmith223

Reaction score
looks like all 2019 DTs are affected. FYI this is a hold till parts arrive. So the dealer has to have possession of the truck to order parts and keep the truck till the repair is finished. OMG no thanks I waited 2 months for the parts on the brake squeal to come in.
Actually I maybe wrong it looks like just the DS are affected according to the NHTSA

Gsmith223

Reaction score
It says right on there potential number of units affected is one, so that means literally one truck.
I think that means one model but I could be wrong. They are not going to issue a recall for 1 truck IDT

Gsmith223

Reaction score
I think that means one model but I could be wrong. They are not going to issue a recall for 1 truck IDT
Yes I was wrong I am glad I was wrong lol
"During May and June of 2019, FCA US VSRC investigated the suspect population and ultimately determined there is a single suspect vehicle in the United States. • On July 18, 2019, FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected vehicle. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : FCA US will conduct a Voluntary "

mpurkey

Reaction score
Yes I was wrong I am glad I was wrong lol
"During May and June of 2019, FCA US VSRC investigated the suspect population and ultimately determined there is a single suspect vehicle in the United States. • On July 18, 2019, FCA US determined, through the Vehicle Regulations Committee, to conduct a voluntary safety recall of the affected vehicle. Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : FCA US will conduct a Voluntary "
It’s crazy that they’d issue a recall and all the administrative bs that entails for just one truck.

mustard54

Reaction score
It’s crazy that they’d issue a recall and all the administrative bs that entails for just one truck.

Seems like such a waste to issue a recall notification for one vehicle. But it’s the government and stranger crap happens!!

2019 1500 Rebel 4x4 5’7”
Maximum Steel Solid Paint
HEMI 5.7 V8
Level II Equipment Package
8.4” Uconnect w/o Nav
Blind spot monitor
Rhino Spray-in bed liner
Wheelhouse liners
Trailer tow package
Modifications:
MotoFab 2.5” front leveling spacer
Edge Performance Pulsar Kit