5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next body style RAM 1500?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might sound a little odd, but my plans are either to get an electric RAM or an ecodiesel in 2024 depending on what option makes the most sense at the time. I know that seems like a long way off, but it’s just a blink of an eye. All that being said, does anybody have any real idea of when the ram is going to get its next body style update?

When researching, it looks like the now called “classic” body style has been running for ~8 years. Normal vehicle styling updates are every 3 to 4 years, which makes me wonder what RAM is going to do moving forward when they consolidate into one body style next year. Does anybody here happen to have any insight into when the next body style change may be?

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Truck market in 2024 may be very different front now. As for now, Stellantis promises to deliver RAM EV in 2024, and most probably next generation of ICE models will arrive around that time.

But for me EV is not only about electric power, but also about technology associated with it. You can do a lot of cool things in EVs that are hard to do in ICE vehicles. Real EVs are like software with wheels. I'm a huge fan of RAM brand, but I don't believe that Stellantis will make a truck that will be able to compete with more mature EV market players.

RAM promised to do OTA updates, "like Tesla", but my 2020 truck didn't get any new features after I've bought it. Even bugs are not fixed. Uconnect app is a gimmick. I don't believe that they will allow to forget about dealership visits for their EVs.

Let's see - we need to wait for just 2-3 years :)

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When researching, it looks like the now called “classic” body style has been running for ~8 years.

Actually the 4th gen was around since model year 2009, it just had a refresh in 2013. 5th gen did come out for model year 2019 so 10 years before an update from 4th to 5th.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never bought any vehicle on the first year of production. I like to wait until issues are ironed out…maybe in the second or third year. Especially it would be the first time ram has done any time of electric power train. I don’t buy into the etorque system isn’t even a true hybrid, because you can’t run it just on battery alone. Now I do like what Jeep is doing with their 4xe.

My personal opinion is that ram should have start with a full hybrid option first, like ford. Then full electric.

But hey, if you want that instant cool factor, do your thing.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 5th gen is do for an update next year for 2023 but interesting have not scene much on it yet. GM came out with there truck in 2019 just like Ram but we have already scene what the update will be on that although it needed an emergency update to the interior.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 5th gen is do for an update next year for 2023 but interesting have not scene much on it yet. GM came out with there truck in 2019 just like Ram but we have already scene what the update will be on that although it needed an emergency update to the interior.
Yeah, the Chevy really needed some interior updating badly. Considering all the crap that’s been happening, I wonder if the 2023 update will actually be a 2024 update. I also wonder if it will be a minor or major update.

Users who are viewing this thread