5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEXEN tires 275/55/R20

U

User_3336

Anyone else have these tires on their 19 (specifically a Big Horn)?

NEXEN tires 275/55/R20

Do you notice a vibration in your seat? I noticed this slightly during a test drive, but the roads in this city are sh*t, so I just wrote it off. I have also already read about some vibrations in the 19's that have been hard to troubleshoot (and tires weren't the culprits).

But now, it has the same vibration on any road, so maybe the tires?

I looked on my build sheet and it states LRR by the tire description.

Are these low rolling resistance tires? I know my sister has some LRR tires on her Maxima and it rides like crap.

Used to the Goodyear Wranglers which were pretty smooth imo.

iupui1299

Reaction score
I have them. I haven’t noticed any unusual noises. I am thinking of upgrading to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. Mainly because I just like the meatier look.

79 300

Reaction score
If you get the 20" all season tires, what determines if you get Nexen or Bridgestones? I see a lot of trucks with the Bridgestone Duelers, some blackwall and some with outline white letters, and others with Nexen blackwalls, but nothing is different on the window stickers.

I am not really familiar with either one. Most other new vehicles I bought in the past came with Goodyear or Michelin.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Bridgestone Duelers and they have a slight vibration @ 60 to 63 MPH can barley feel it. I have always been a Michelin Primacy fan. I will most likely put the Primacy's on soon.

U

User_3336

Not really talking about a "noise". Mostly referring to a choppy ride or a vibration in the seat (definitely can feel it)

The build sheet suggested low rolling resistance tires (nexen), so that might have some effect on the choppiness of the ride.

I have them. I haven’t noticed any unusual noises. I am thinking of upgrading to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. Mainly because I just like the meatier look.

Bam2880

Reaction score
I have the Bridgestone and have the vibration from 58-63

U

User_3336

any idea what's causing it? yeah, 58-63 sounds right. Think its something in the driveshaft or something causing the vibration specifically at those speeds? I mean different tires creating the same issues? Do you have the CREW? 4x2 or 4x4?

I have the Bridgestone and have the vibration from 58-63

Bam2880

Reaction score
Mines a crew 4x4. I’m not sure what the issue is. I have another thread started called slight vibration and it seems a lot of guys are having the same issue

Spe1996

Reaction score
Have you tried having your tired Road Force Balanced.
Here is a MotorTrend youtube video talking about Road Force balancing.
I first learned about it when a family member had a shake on his F-250 ford. After trying to get the tire road forced balanced and failing it was determined there was a flaw with the tire and with the report from the machine was able to get a warranty replacement from the dealership.

U

User_3336

I have had tires from a Previous F150 force road balanced. helped a bit, but the Ford F150 (especially regular cab) are known for vibrations due to their two-piece driveshaft.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is a crew cab also. If others have changed tires and no correction it must in the truck or the aluminum rims. my first thought was maybe FCA had a deal to buy a large sum of Blemished tires from Bridgestone and many needs forced balanced to correct it,but if many have actually changed tires with no correction that would be another story imo.

Mark313

Reaction score
I have the Nexens, no vibration. But I am swapping to Continental TerrainContact AT's 275 65 20's

Bdhays63

Reaction score
I have the Nexens also. Smooth as glass but are the equivalent to drag slicks on wet pavement. I hope your vibration is the tires though. I traded an 18 Silverado that vibrated at certain highway speeds. Dealer put 5 sets of tires on it and road forced balancedmany times and kept it in their shop for two months, long story short, it wasn’t the tires. Most likely was an axle or driveshaft issue. Lost my patience and traded for new Ram.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Anyone else have these tires on their 19 (specifically a Big Horn)?

NEXEN tires 275/55/R20

Do you notice a vibration in your seat? I noticed this slightly during a test drive, but the roads in this city are sh*t, so I just wrote it off. I have also already read about some vibrations in the 19's that have been hard to troubleshoot (and tires weren't the culprits).

But now, it has the same vibration on any road, so maybe the tires?

I looked on my build sheet and it states LRR by the tire description.

Are these low rolling resistance tires? I know my sister has some LRR tires on her Maxima and it rides like crap.

Used to the Goodyear Wranglers which were pretty smooth imo.

Yes, I have them and when I was buying my Ram, the wife said she had never heard of this brand. Well, I didn't look till later and I had never heard of them either. Every other Ram (been a few years since I purchased a Ram) always came with Good Year tires and no problem. I feel a little vibration and am going to have my dealer check wheel balance out when I go in Friday to get a tonneau cover installed. I sure would have been happier I think if they had come with Good Years--but they are quiet and just that slight vibration. Can't afford to change them out for now.

Users who are viewing this thread