5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nexan Roadian AT Pro RA8

ny2az

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Nexan Roadian AT Pro tire ...

was looking at this tire and wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge or recommendations ... looking for a 305/45R22 ....

tires seem to have good reviews ... P tire's have a 50k and LT's have a 40k mileage warranty ...

Nice looking tire ....
nexan roadian.jpg

Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Nexan Roadian AT Pro tire ...

was looking at this tire and wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge or recommendations ... looking for a 305/45R22 ....

tires have good reviews on Nexan's website ... P tire's have a 50k mileage warranty and the LT's have a 40k warranty ...
I'm wondering as well. I really like Nexen tires but the only place I've been able to find these A/T ones are on Amazon...

ny2az

Reaction score
all tires will cup if you have excess toe out... wheel alignment needed ...and tires need to be rotated every 5k-6k...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
all tires will cup if you have excess toe out... wheel alignment needed ...and tires need to be rotated every 5k-6k...
Agreed, although I rotate my tires every 10k-15k miles (or once a year) ...never had a problem. I personally don't know anyone that rotates their tires three times a year....that's overkill. I also know people that only rotate their tires once or twice over 40k - 50k miles. Lol

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
l try to rotate all my vehicle tires at/or around 5-6k ...
I hear that a lot from people on forums and on YouTube but yet never met anyone that does it. I've always kept my tires at the correct psi and rotated them 2 or 3 times over 40-50k miles with even treadwear. Is there a specific reason for rotating them so often that I'm not aware of? I just put in a order for Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W with Discount Tire and I will ask them about tire rotations on Saturday when I get them installed.

ny2az

Reaction score
Discount tire recommends rotating and balancing every 6 months or 6k to keep the mileage warranty if a tire has one...l get a reminder text it's time for it ... rears up and criss-cross the fronts to the rears as long as you don't have directional tires... l lean toward none directional tires so that l can rotate them evenly ... no matter how close to zero toe you get there will still be some slight feathering or cupping as stated ... depending on tread pattern some will show more cupping than others. you can see the lifting or feathering in the sipes of the tire at 2k miles ... by 6k miles it will look worse ... and the worse it gets will cause the truck to pull to one side.

Attachments

• haida.jpg
    haida.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discount tire recommends rotating and balancing every 6 months or 6k to keep the mileage warranty if a tire has one...l get a reminder text it's time for it ... rears up and criss-cross the fronts to the rears as long as you don't have directional tires... l lean toward none directional tires so that l can rotate them evenly ... no matter how close to zero toe you get there will still be some slight feathering or cupping as stated ... depending on tread pattern some will show more cupping than others. you can see the lifting or feathering in the sipes of the tire at 2k miles ... by 6k miles it will look worse ... and the worse it gets will cause the truck to pull to one side.
Interesting. I appreciate the info and the heads up!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear that a lot from people on forums and on YouTube but yet never met anyone that does it. I've always kept my tires at the correct psi and rotated them 2 or 3 times over 40-50k miles with even treadwear. Is there a specific reason for rotating them so often that I'm not aware of? I just put in a order for Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W with Discount Tire and I will ask them about tire rotations on Saturday when I get them installed.
I also rotate my tires every 5k miles. Easy to remember when you get on a schedule of every 5k rotation and inspection of things like brakes, fluids, etc, and then every 10k add in oil change. I've even trained my wife to let me know when she gets to 500 miles shy of a 5k or 10k mile mark on her car. :D

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, although I rotate my tires every 10k-15k miles (or once a year) ...never had a problem. I personally don't know anyone that rotates their tires three times a year....that's overkill. I also know people that only rotate their tires once or twice over 40k - 50k miles. Lol

Yes I think 5-6K rotations is overkill. I usually rotate every 10-12K and my tires wear evenly.

Grouper

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and got them installed ... very happy w/ them ... great price and great tire... will do a follow-up when l get some mileage on them ...

Three month update on the Roadian Pro AT8?

Is that aftermarket wheel stock size?

ny2az

Reaction score
Three month update on the Roadian Pro AT8?

Is that aftermarket wheel stock size?
Thanks for asking for an update ........
LOVE THE TIRES ... smooth, quite and good handling tires ... great looking tires as well ... would definitely recommend these ...
had the stock 22's with 285/45/22 goodyears with +19 offset ... these are 22x10 -24 offset with 305/45/22 ...

tdog65

Reaction score
Morning I know this is an older thread but how did the tires hold up. I'm thinking of going with the same tire myself. Did you get the 50k miles out of them? Do remember how bad they affected you MPG. I know its a truck but when you drive 50k miles a year makes a differecne. Are they quite like the factory tires. TIA

ny2az

Reaction score
Hi ,... yes,...
l still love the tires... have about 20k miles on them and they still look great ... wearing evenly and just as quite as they were when new ... would definitely buy another set when time comes ...

Users who are viewing this thread