5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie question on auto door unlock, while shifting into park?

Cravenfan

Reaction score
In my GMC, when I dropped the girls off to school, I'd pull up next to the entrance, shift into park and all four doors would all automatically unlock. I've gone through the Ram owners manual and can't seem to figure out the setting, if there is one, to emulate this same GMC setting.

Each time I drop them off, I need to hit the unlock button, to let them out of the back. Unless, as stated in the manual, I open my door, which I never do, as I can just hit the tailgate button from inside the cab, if they have their band instruments, etc.

Am I missing a setting? If not, Ram, please consider this in the next UConnect reprogram efforts. It's not that big a deal I guess, but when someone is flailing around in the back of the cab trying to get out, it is not my first instinct to have to hit the door unlock button.

#FirstWorldProlems

rdm1465

Reaction score
Not exactly sure of what it's titled in the settings mode. I believe it is called convenience exit. Door lock unlock options.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
In my GMC, when I dropped the girls off to school, I'd pull up next to the entrance, shift into park and all four doors would all automatically unlock. I've gone through the Ram owners manual and can't seem to figure out the setting, if there is one, to emulate this same GMC setting.

Each time I drop them off, I need to hit the unlock button, to let them out of the back. Unless, as stated in the manual, I open my door, which I never do, as I can just hit the tailgate button from inside the cab, if they have their band instruments, etc.

Am I missing a setting? If not, Ram, please consider this in the next UConnect reprogram efforts. It's not that big a deal I guess, but when someone is flailing around in the back of the cab trying to get out, it is not my first instinct to have to hit the door unlock button.

#FirstWorldProlems
Yeah... our trucks don't have this. Pretty boneheaded. Should be configurable, but it isn't.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure we do have it. It’s under settings. I have mine setup to unlock when parked. I never need to hit unlock, unless I let someone in while still in drive.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Pretty sure we do have it. It’s under settings. I have mine setup to unlock when parked. I never need to hit unlock, unless I let someone in while still in drive.
Only for front doors. Rear doors you have to unlock manually with button or by pulling the lock stalk thingy. I know because I've had to do this multiple times when dropping off kids at school also.
Fortunately, they are both driving their own vehicles now, so problem solved in my case... :p
Cheers,

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When the “Auto Unlock On Exit” feature is selected, all doors unlock when the vehicle is stopped, the transmission is in the PARK or NEUTRAL position and the driver's door is opened.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
When the “Auto Unlock On Exit” feature is selected, all doors unlock when the vehicle is stopped, the transmission is in the PARK or NEUTRAL position and the driver's door is opened.
Right. And that's idiotic.
Shouldn't have to open the driver's door, for example, during a downpour (or dangerous driver-side traffic) to unlock the rear doors.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only for front doors. Rear doors you have to unlock manually with button or by pulling the lock stalk thingy. I know because I've had to do this multiple times when dropping off kids at school also.
Fortunately, they are both driving their own vehicles now, so problem solved in my case... :p
Cheers,
This makes sense. No-one ever rides in my back seats, so did not know it had that peculiarity.

Users who are viewing this thread