5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie owner 2023 Ram classic warlock V8 crew cab

MohawkDown

Reaction score
Hello Guys! nice to know about this site which I'm new to truck world. I used to drive a sedan and decided to get a truck.

I just got my new truck and first thing that I would like to do is the exhaust and I would like to ask which one is better and affordable. I watched some videos in youtube about it and still need to ask from you guys.
Next thing to do is bedliners and tonneau. I decided to go with LINE-X and tonneau is difficult for me to look for affordable hard-top.

There's alot of question bugging me right now but I will focus on exhaust and tonneau. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Only change the exhaust for sound, and get what you want.

A used Borla is great as they are like new and can get on the cheap.

For a tonneau you need to figure out what you are trying to do.
A good hard tri-fold is pretty good for majority of people like an MX4 but a soft cover can be watertight with the proper cover cheaper assuming you don't get snow and don't care if a kid with a box cutter can get into your bed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Guys! nice to know about this site which I'm new to truck world. I used to drive a sedan and decided to get a truck.

I just got my new truck and first thing that I would like to do is the exhaust and I would like to ask which one is better and affordable. I watched some videos in youtube about it and still need to ask from you guys.
Next thing to do is bedliners and tonneau. I decided to go with LINE-X and tonneau is difficult for me to look for affordable hard-top.

There's alot of question bugging me right now but I will focus on exhaust and tonneau. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you have a Warlock Classic, you are the proud owner of a 4th gen Ram, not a 5th Gen

Burns1200

Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you have a Warlock Classic, you are the proud owner of a 4th gen Ram, not a 5th Gen
I've had someone argue with me saying that because their truck was a 2020 classic still meant it was a 5th gen because it was a 2020 regardless of body

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had someone argue with me saying that because their truck was a 2020 classic still meant it was a 5th gen because it was a 2020 regardless of body
That person must have some brain problems...
It's 5th GENERATION.
How is a new 4th generation trim a 5th generation truck lol.
No one is claiming the 2020 classic isn't a 2020, but it's 4th not 5th gen.

I was going to tell him but I deleted it in my post lol. Technically there is a 4th gen section on the 5th gen forums.

MohawkDown

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Guys. Im confused right now lol..I read that 2019+ is 5th gen? Anyway either 4th or 5th..as long I get a decent sound for the V8 and a tonneau I will be ok.
Im from Canada if there will be a nice online shop that I can look for a exhaust that would be great! Once again thanks guys!

MohawkDown

Reaction score
That person must have some brain problems...
It's 5th GENERATION.
How is a new 4th generation trim a 5th generation truck lol.
No one is claiming the 2020 classic isn't a 2020, but it's 4th not 5th gen.

I was going to tell him but I deleted it in my post lol. Technically there is a 4th gen section on the 5th gen forums.
Btw just for my information what will be the 5th gen Ram anyway? and the 4th gen?

MohawkDown

Reaction score
I saw theres a 4th gen forums so I will start posting there. Thanks alot for the info. Newbie here

Burns1200

Reaction score
Btw just for my information what will be the 5th gen Ram anyway? and the 4th gen?
It's based off the body and name. If it's a "classic" like yours it's a 4th gen. If it's just a 1500 it's a 5th gen. If you really look at them you can see the differences. 2019 is the first year of the 5th gen body style, but the 4the gens are still made as a "classic"

Someone can probably give you a better explanation of it than I can but that's the jist of it. Photos attached for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-041228.png
    Screenshot_20230608-041228.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230608-041218.png
    Screenshot_20230608-041218.png
    537.8 KB · Views: 8

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Warlock @MohawkDown. There are a lot of ways to tell the two generations apart. Some are more subtle than others. And once you become familiar with your truck the differences will be a lot more obvious to you. But one of the most obvious ways to tell them apart IMO is that 4th gens have five lug nuts and 5th gens have six lug nuts.

MohawkDown

Reaction score
Thank you so for warm welcome and the info provided! Cheers! Btw I went to my Line-X schedule for bedliners but unfortunately they run out of paint lol..so need to reschedule again.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
I had my eyes on a fully loaded Warlock in Camo Green back in 2021. That was a nice truck.
Enjoy your new ride! 🤙🏽

Users who are viewing this thread