5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wisconsin Member

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Greetings! I hail from Wisconsin. I'm still a year out from ordering a new truck, so I'm using everyone here for research purposes. lol. I've already gone through the General Forum & am currently working on the Exterior Forum. Already have many ideas, and several threads bookmarked. Right now, tonneau covers is by biggest interest. I have a hard one on my '98 Ram I still drive, & it looks good, but sucks for anything else. I'm looking for the Northern owners to offer up insight on the soft, folding/retracting ones in cold & snow. Other than that, from what I see so far, excellent forum!!

Maple

Reaction score
Welcome! Big fan of your cheese. :D
I have an OEM tonneau cover for now, but I'm going to be probably moving on to the Retrax XR in the spring/summer so I can use the rail system (once I figure out what all I would need to get it working). If all goes to plan, I'll have some information on how snow works with the OEM cover, heading to Michigan where the forecast calls for inches of snow instead of the inches of rain we're getting here.

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
I'm from Wisconsin also. My buddy has an American EZ rollup cover and really likes it. Says it is good in the winter. I will be ordering one soon for my truck.

geotex1

Reaction score
Welcome!!!

Wisconsin is the real cold and has some very real winters! Let me give you a perspective of one who has them too. If your truck is parked outdoors as my daily driver is, you do not want a retractable cover of the "garage door" style that runs in the rails and into a canister at the front of the bed in the real winters. Why? Because they can, and do get frozen in place! I have had two - the original back when introduced and have one on my dually so I'm speaking from direct experience. I've had a myriad of tonneaus, lids, and caps on trucks over the years, and hard trifolds are the best compromise of all considerations IMO. I love the Lomax I've put on my 2019. Blows the BAK I had on my 4th Gen away.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
Hello from Wisconsin as well. Have had my Ram since September and I have the roll up cover OEM cover. So far so good. No issues with the cold or whatever snow we've gotten so far!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! A lot of good info and peeps here. Plenty of reading to last you till the year comes up for the new ride. Search button will be your best friend. Doubt there is anything that hasn’t been discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread