5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wheels, feedback wanted plz

Djallen10

Reaction score
So I like this wheel design. But don’t know if I like how everything came together. I’m still up in the air on rather I want to keep them or not. Let me hear some feedback of honest opinions. Rims are 22x12 on 305-45 I’m thinking all chrome wheels would look much better ‍♂️ 26A4572A-BE91-4719-AC8E-F05148722092.jpeg 4BC3A377-BC89-4C2C-866F-BE33C9FDDEBA.jpeg 0314B960-7787-4471-90BF-1F94AD595011.jpeg 79EFE74E-0F09-49A3-930B-AE9B19EB4CDE.jpeg 4E0EE5DE-BF25-4E5A-A575-1103116E2F59.jpeg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are they not side dependent? Looks like you got 4 wheels with the spokes all running the same diagonal. The ones on the passenger side point back compared to driver side pointing forward. I've personally never been a fan of wheels with directional spokes.

Djallen10

Reaction score
Are they not side dependent? Looks like you got 4 wheels with the spokes all running the same diagonal. The ones on the passenger side point back compared to driver side pointing forward. I've personally never been a fan of wheels with directional spokes.
Yea there not directional wheels

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
They do not look terrible. Although now that the directional thing is pointed out, that would bug me. I would rather have all chrome also to be honest. Would look good with the bumpers. But these are not terrible.

2020SilverMidnight

Reaction score
First, I don't like the "directional" look of the wheels. Second, I am not a fan of the wheels sticking out from under the fender wells. I know some people like that look but it is hell on the paint and I simply don't like it. Lastly, the chrome idea is better since you have chrome bumpers and grille. If it was blacked out then yes, maybe those would look better. Again, just my opinion.

Pepper

Reaction score
Personal taste as you know is relative and biased to our own taste. However with that said I personally think that chrome wheels would not only match better but give the look more continuity and look much better. Grey truck with chrome and chrome/black wheels don't match.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Hmm.
I'm not a fan of that particular wheel. Those particular wheels look kind of like chinese throwing stars.
These days I'm not a fan of chrome wheels in general and not the chrome accents on that particular wheel.
I'm about to put some black and silver wheels on my truck (black with milled accents to be exact).

I think you color combo is cool I just prefer milled accents over chrome. You took side shots showing the offset so I suppose you want opinions on that as well. A lil aggressive for me - the wheels I have are -24 and I have the factory flares.

Bottom line - you have to do what you like. Although that wheel is not my preference - the black and chrome do go with your truck. If you look on this forum and all over the internet and in real life you will see countless examples of folks with chrome/milled accent and black wheels on trucks with chrome bumpers, grills etc.

Djallen10

Reaction score
Appreciate everyone’s opinions. I have agreements with all of you, on most of the view points.

Djallen10

Reaction score
FTR - we are all opining based off a picture - I bet it looks alot better in person.
It actually looks way better in person. The pictures don’t do it much justice. But even with those excuses being said. Still think I need all chrome wheels lol

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+1 on the chrome wheels just because of the chrome bumpers, stainless running boards, chrome grill and chrome badges

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I definitely vote for chrome mirror caps to bring up the look. :)

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Personally not a fan of the major offset but I know that's needed for the size you went with.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I think truck need decent lift and good looking off-road tires. Same wheels will stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread