5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New website build and price for Limited

Kramersp

Reaction score
Why is it when I pick the level 1 equipment group on the website now, it makes me pick the tow package. That would eliminate the 360 camera. Didnt do that when I ordered my truck. I better not get my truck with those stupid mirrors and no 360 camera. It's in JB status already. I ordered the level 1 group and the brake controller NOT the tow group.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Why is it when I pick the level 1 equipment group on the website now, it makes me pick the tow package. That would eliminate the 360 camera. Didnt do that when I ordered my truck. I better not get my truck with those stupid mirrors and no 360 camera. It's in JB status already. I ordered the level 1 group and the brake controller NOT the tow group.
you're right. this is odd.saw that today when i was playing around and building my limited which is in transit. i'm sure yours is fine. keep checking your dealers website and as soon as your truck is ready for transit it will show up on your dealers site and you'll be able to see your window sticker.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Longhorn configurator had a similar bug a couple of months ago (selecting the air suspension forced selection of Level 1, Advanced Safety, Trailer-Tow Group, and more). They corrected it after a few weeks. It was always correct in the dealer system, so it wasn't an issue when I ordered.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They also added some of the Level 1 Equipt package to Standard Features in the Limited. I played around with picking options avoiding L1 Equipt and still built the same truck WITHOUT tow mirrors. Someone might want to double check me on that. It's definitely confusing.

alow

Reaction score
Talk to a dealer as well about things you really want if they dont seem available. I "couldnt" get a panoramic sunroof on a bighorn on the website when I ordered but it was an option on the dealers computer when I ordered.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I "couldnt" get a panoramic sunroof on a bighorn on the website when I ordered but it was an option on the dealers computer when I ordered.
Same here, and I also had problems with 9 speaker sound and Ramboxes forcing unecessary changes. The dealer’s system allowed me to order the correctly configured truck. My two cents: The configuration tool is fun but has problems and should not be depended on when making expensive decisions. Check the brochure.

Why is it when I pick the level 1 equipment group on the website now, it makes me pick the tow package. That would eliminate the 360 camera.
According to the brochure you are correct Kramersp; Limited Level 1 does not include, nor should it force, addition of the Tow Package. The conflict between the mirrors and the 360 view system was clearly an oversight... mistakes happen, hope Ram compensates those affected by their mistake and move on.

It was always correct in the dealer system
Yes SpeedyV, but I’m beginning to realize “correct” configurations seem to be relative to FCA / Ram unfortunately, depending when you ordered...
- Some early buyers of Bighorn Level 2s are missing the 400w inverter and 115v plugs they were supposed to get (brochure). Current orders with the center console list them on the sticker, but it is not clear if the bench folks (me) will get them.
- I have heard bed dividers were listed in the configuration tool (not in brochure) but they did not show up as expected by some.
- The bed step is admittedly “late avail” according to text buried in the middle of the brochure, but it is listed in the back of the brochure under the bed utility group (and was for a while in the configurator) without that caveat so I’m sure many will be disappointed to not get it.
- The metal looking bed extender pictured in the brochure as an accessory appears to be different than the identically named bed extender that comes with Ramboxes (plastic?).

My two cents (well, four now): Ram is responsible to deliver what their brochure says we will get. If we can’t believe the brochure, then what else do we base our expensive decisions on? Love the truck but let’s not allow ourselves to be fooled. No brochure is perfect perhaps, but it’s all we consumers get.

Note: I am not a dealer or a salesperson, just a soon to be owner who has been obsessing about configurations and reading the brochure nightly. And in the morning. And at dinner.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same here, and I also had problems with 9 speaker sound and Ramboxes forcing unecessary changes. The dealer’s system allowed me to order the correctly configured truck. My two cents: The configuration tool is fun but has problems and should not be depended on when making expensive decisions. Check the brochure.

According to the brochure you are correct Kramersp; Limited Level 1 does not include, nor should it force, addition of the Tow Package. The conflict between the mirrors and the 360 view system was clearly an oversight... mistakes happen, hope Ram compensates those affected by their mistake and move on.

Yes SpeedyV, but I’m beginning to realize “correct” configurations seem to be relative to FCA / Ram unfortunately, depending when you ordered...
- Some early buyers of Bighorn Level 2s are missing the 400w inverter and 115v plugs they were supposed to get (brochure). Current orders with the center console list them on the sticker, but it is not clear if the bench folks (me) will get them.
- I have heard bed dividers were listed in the configuration tool (not in brochure) but they did not show up as expected by some.
- The bed step is admittedly “late avail” according to text buried in the middle of the brochure, but it is listed in the back of the brochure under the bed utility group (and was for a while in the configurator) without that caveat so I’m sure many will be disappointed to not get it.
- The metal looking bed extender pictured in the brochure as an accessory appears to be different than the identically named bed extender that comes with Ramboxes (plastic?).

My two cents (well, four now): Ram is responsible to deliver what their brochure says we will get. If we can’t believe the brochure, then what else do we base our expensive decisions on? Love the truck but let’s not allow ourselves to be fooled. No brochure is perfect perhaps, but it’s all we consumers get.

Note: I am not a dealer or a salesperson, just a soon to be owner who has been obsessing about configurations and reading the brochure nightly. And in the morning. And at dinner.
Understood and agreed! Per my version of the brochure, the Bed Utility Group is as follows:

BED UTILITY GROUP — Includes upper adjustable tie-downs, bed extender (available with RamBox System only), deployable, bed step, bed lighting, spray-in bed liner (Lone Star†/Big Horn/Laramie models only; optional with L1, H1, H2, X1, X2, P1 and P2 Equipment Packages).

Mine is a RamBox-equipped LL, so I expect everything above. And the pricing on my order for the BUG was higher than many have indicated, so I'm pretty sure I paid for it all, including the bed step. Whether all of the components will actually be delivered to me remains to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread