5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New vs low mileage 23 advice?

MoparSconnie

Reaction score
I've got a 2016 Bighorn that's very problem free and I've been very happy with. But miles are getting up there (160k+) and the 2025s finally pushed me into seriously looking at getting a new truck. I've spec'd a 25 Bighorn through MD that checks pretty much every box other than vented seats, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. My dilemma is my local dealer has 2 low mileage 2023s that have me interested. The first is a Laramie with level 1 group that's got less than 3k miles on it. The second is a loaded limited (night edition, level 1, everything but sunroof and mft) with 11k miles. The Laramie is appealing for the vented seats and low mileage, plus it would come in about 10k less than my spec'd 25, but I'd still have a few things to add to it (Linex bedliner, running boards, tonneu). The limited has everything and then some and ends up being about the same price as the 25 Bighorn. I'm looking for input since I can't seem to make up my mind.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does your heart tell you? That’s the one you should listen to.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't ask us which one you should buy. You'll get every answer you could think of and probably end up less decided than you already are. OR...
Make this thread a survey and go with the one that gets the most votes. :ROFLMAO:

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
My advice would be....

You likely already have a truck in mind.... go with that one.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a no brainer. I would take either 23 over an ugly-*** 25 Bighorn 3.0.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which is in Laramie and limited? Etorque or non Etorque? Start there then decide which engine option you rather have.

Users who are viewing this thread