5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New (used) RAM 1500 owner

X4H

Reaction score
Good Morning!
I suppose I should've done this the other day, but I haven't been a forum member since I had my 2003 TJ (should've kept it, but Wranglers are not conducive to babies).
I just bought a 2019 1500 5.7 with 22k miles. It is amazing the depreciation after just 2 years. BUT...it worked in my favor. This is my first truck, and I couldn't be happier. I only have 2 kids, so with the crew cab, this thing has as much room as a Suburban, just without the 3rd row. We can even fit a person in between the child seats!

For a Bighorn, it's pretty loaded. All the electronics, 20s, chrome package, side steps, Alpine sound, sprayed bedliner, Mopar tonneau, and whatever the adjustable bed tie-down system is called. Not a huge fan of Billet Silver, but with all the other options, I could pass it up.

This is my daily driver (50-65 mi/day), so there will be no 5 inch lifts and M/Ts. Real soon, I am planning on the following:
- Goodyear DuraTracs - I would love to go to 33s, but I plan to keep the stock wheels and I am not sure if a 33x12.5 is going to fit well on a 9 inch wheel
- Leveling kit - 2 or 3 inches.
- Exhaust system - All I know is from my Jeep days, ie. Borla, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster.
- Cold Air Intake with a throttle body spacer - I am looking at S&B.
-Some sort of console safe/Vault - I'm thinking Tuffy
-And I'm seriously considering shaving all the badges - Still noodling this one. Lots of chrome...

Thanks for reading this. If you have any suggestions for my ideas above, I'd love to hear them.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get replacement parts for the factory tonneau cover, let me know. One of the clamps is broken and all the little yellow pads are worn down from rubbing on the bedliner.

THANKS! 20210227_171052_resized.jpg

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and Congrats on the New used truck

Reactions: X4H

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s a nicely optioned truck you found, glad that the depreciation worked out for you!

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! Duratracs 33s will fit no problem, did it on my stock Bighorn.

Users who are viewing this thread