5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Uconnect 5 OTA update

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Received an OTA update tonight after pulling in the driveway.
CB43A4F3-EE61-445C-BA71-5A003166409F.jpeg E7E75908-4745-4A5A-B6BD-768748C09B29.jpeg 18C12107-E162-4B0D-9B43-6FCA58FDFB1B.jpeg
It didn’t list what’s new but I do know it’s supposed to fix some trailer camera issues, surround view camera issues (I think), SiriusXM setting issues, its also supposed to help fix the apple carplay bugs(with that you need to make sure your phone ios version is up to date 15.1 right now). There’s some other things I’m sure. There’s also an TSB out for it.”

TSB 08-172-21 Rev A.pdf

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy. All the 4's haven't been updated and already updating 5's. Let the customers do the trouble shooting and hopefully get all the post production problems worked out.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Crazy. All the 4's haven't been updated and already updating 5's. Let the customers do the trouble shooting and hopefully get all the post production problems worked out.
The 4s have had updates. I had only 1 with my ‘19 in the 3 yrs I had it but it did get one.

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 updates on mine so far but I thought UC4 was through UConnect and UC5 was through Ram now ? So theoretically we should be getting updates that have nothing to do with one another ?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I’ve had 2 updates on mine so far but I thought UC4 was through UConnect and UC5 was through Ram now ? So theoretically we should be getting updates that have nothing to do with one another ?
Don’t quote me on this but I believe Uconnect is FCA since you don’t find “Uconnect” in other manufacturers vehicles that I know of. They’ve just renamed the Uconnect app for Rams to Ram Connect. I don’t know if they replaced the other appsfor Dodge, Chrysler and the others brands under FCA to brand specific, but believe they have. I do know they have Jeep Connect as that’s what the Ram Connect FAQ site was titled as before they updated the page for Ram.

Fastluck13

Reaction score
I got the update today. It did not state what the improvements were.

I have noticed the climate shortcut at the top of the 12 in display now highlights with a white square when I shut the truck down. This is promising as those shortcuts have been disappearing at least once a day and require a restart of the radio, which of course disconnects carplay and doesn’t reconnect….because carplay….

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

I have noticed the climate shortcut at the top of the 12 in display now highlights with a white square when I shut the truck down. This is promising as those shortcuts have been disappearing at least once a day and require a restart of the radio, which of course disconnects carplay and doesn’t reconnect….because carplay….
The reconnecting of CarPlay should be fixed(hopefully) with this update.

Fastluck13

Reaction score

seems like carplay connects “better”

the climate icons still disappear for the first start of the morning.

I have faith they will get it right in the next couple years.

liq001

Reaction score
Received an OTA update tonight after pulling in the driveway.
View attachment 112217 View attachment 112218 View attachment 112216
It didn’t list what’s new but I do know it’s supposed to fix some trailer camera issues, surround view camera issues (I think), SiriusXM setting issues, its also supposed to help fix the apple carplay bugs(with that you need to make sure your phone ios version is up to date 15.1 right now). There’s some other things I’m sure. There’s also an TSB out for it.”

TSB 08-172-21 Rev A.pdf
How to get the update? Should I connect the internet through Wi-Fi or Cellular( 4G LTE)?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Have you figured out how to get the update? Should I connect to cellular ( buy the 4G LTE data plan)? Or I can update through Wi-Fi ?
It just happens automatically. It’s happened twice when I pulled into work and shut the truck off.

Users who are viewing this thread