5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UCAs necessary for 2 inch leveling kit?

mustard54

Reaction score
I’m so confused, I have the ORP and have been told I would need to change the UCA in order to run a 2” spacer. But you guys are saying it’s not necessary?

The guy I worked with is a tech and he helped me install them and said you don’t need new UCA’s when you put the 2.5” spacer in. The angle on the UCA doesn’t change that drastically to warrant a longer UCA. So I didn’t do it and for the past two months no issues and the truck drives amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthEdition19

Reaction score
The guy I worked with is a tech and he helped me install them and said you don’t need new UCA’s when you put the 2.5” spacer in. The angle on the UCA doesn’t change that drastically to warrant a longer UCA. So I didn’t do it and for the past two months no issues and the truck drives amazing.

Ok so you put a 2.5 space, and zero issues? That’s great news, what spacer did you go with?

Usfdrohead

Reaction score

Do you take your truck off road at all? Wondering if this opinion applies to only trucks that stay on the road?

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
MotoFab 2.5” level kit without the UCA. Well worth it.

Can you throw a few pics up of your vehicle? To confirm, you are still on the stock Bilstein's with just the MotoFab 2.5" spacers upfront and no UCA change? Also has the quality of the ride changed for you to any degree with the addition of the spacers?

StoneRebel

Reaction score
This seems to have beat to death, but here goes...From what I have read, the Rebel has a factory 1" lift; however, same UCA's as non-Rebels. Therefore, on a Rebel specifically, if you put in a MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit, the resulting overall lift is 3.5" which would suggest that you would need to replace the factory UCA's...no? If not a necessity, a really good idea. Am I off base here? Thanks for the help!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems to have beat to death, but here goes...From what I have read, the Rebel has a factory 1" lift; however, same UCA's as non-Rebels. Therefore, on a Rebel specifically, if you put in a MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit, the resulting overall lift is 3.5" which would suggest that you would need to replace the factory UCA's...no? If not a necessity, a really good idea. Am I off base here? Thanks for the help!
In my opinion No your right on the money however, others have done what your looking to do and say they are experiencing no UCA issues. I guess it's a matter of how they hold up 1 year+ down the road. Also depends if you go off road. I didn't want to send 400-500 for new aftermarket arms if they weren't needed so I purchased the mopar UCA's which are identical to OEM except the ball joint has a greater travel angle and they will only set you back $100 for the pair. I should get them installed in the next couple of weeks with my 2 " ready lift spacers.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Gs72174

Reaction score
I know most are saying new UCA’s aren’t needed if it’s a non ORP and not doing much off roading. Well how about non ORG but do a lot of hauling with 1000-1400lbs?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion No your right on the money however, others have done what your looking to do and say they are experiencing no UCA issues. I guess it's a matter of how they hold up 1 year+ down the road. Also depends if you go off road. I didn't want to send 400-500 for new aftermarket arms if they weren't needed so I purchased the mopar UCA's which are identical to OEM except the ball joint has a greater travel angle and they will only set you back $100 for the pair. I should get them installed in the next couple of weeks with my 2 " ready lift spacers.

Sorry that this thread has been dead for a while, but how has this set up with the Mopar UCAs been holding up for you??

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
You don’t need the UCA. I did the 2.5” MotoFab level kit and worked great without issues.
I hate to revive a dead thread, but I tired installing my motofab 2.5inch kit yesterday. Only got the passenger side done. I ran into the issue of when attempting to reinstall the strut it didn't wanna line up with the holes for the bottom strut mounting bolt, like it was rotated a little bit when attempting to install. Was able to get it to like up after awhile, but it took a lot of convincing. Did this happen to you, and how has it all been since you installed, any issues? Upper control arms wearing out early on yours?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DSN46

Reaction score
I hate to revive a dead thread, but I tired installing my motofab 2.5inch kit yesterday. Only got the passenger side done. I ran into the issue of when attempting to reinstall the strut it didn't wanna line up with the holes for the bottom strut mounting bolt, like it was rotated a little bit when attempting to install. Was able to get it to like up after awhile, but it took a lot of convincing. Did this happen to you, and how has it all been since you installed, any issues? Upper control arms wearing out early on yours?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I installed the Ready Lift 2" level along with the Ready Lift UCA's. I also had to "finagle" one side of mine a bit to get the bottom mounting bolt to go through the hole. No biggee really and after 1000 miles no problems. I went with the Ready Lift UCA's due to their heavy construction, improved ball joint angle and the fact that they install a One ton truck monster ball joint in it. It will take a beating that the MOPAR UCA couldn't take. Piece of mind for me. My .02. Good luck with your project! :)

Planecrazy82

Reaction score

Can you send me the link to the UCAs? I don’t have rebel but do have the OFf road group which is an inch higher than a stock ram as well.

Users who are viewing this thread