5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UCAs necessary for 2 inch leveling kit?

Usfdrohead

Reaction score
I was looking at that ready lift kits and I noticed it comes with new UCAs. Is this necessary, or is just the spacer appropriate?

Caseman207

Reaction score
You’ll be fine without USA with just a 2” leveling kit. I was.

Rdubs20

Reaction score
You’ll be fine without USA with just a 2” leveling kit. I was.

Have heard mixed reviews on doing leveling kits without using new UCA's. I would love to do a 2 inch front 1 inch rear but don't want to break the bank on a set of ready lift UCA.

Caseman207

Reaction score
Have heard mixed reviews on doing leveling kits without using new UCA's. I would love to do a 2 inch front 1 inch rear but don't want to break the bank on a set of ready lift UCA.
All the mechanics I talked to said anything 3” and up you should do the UCA. 2” does change the angle a small amount but not enough for concern.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I have a Rebel with the stock 1" lift. The dealer will be installing the Mopar 2" lift on top of that, part # P5155797, which does not seem to have new UCAs. I verified that the end result would be a 3" lift with no leveling in the front.

Usfdrohead

Reaction score
I have a Rebel with the stock 1" lift. The dealer will be installing the Mopar 2" lift on top of that, part # P5155797, which does not seem to have new UCAs. I verified that the end result would be a 3" lift with no leveling in the front.
I was under the impression that the Mopar two inch lift was not compatible with the rebel?

Edit never mind. That’s for the air suspension. Damn can you post pics when it’s done??

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/60/r20s installed on my stock Longhorn 20" wheels tomorrow. A fellow forum member installed these same tires on his 2019 Big Horn that is neither leveled or lifted, and he says the tires fit but with a slight rub against the wheel liner on full lock turns. So, I'm thinking I will be fine but with maybe the same slight rub.

If I decide to raise the front end a bit to level it out, would this ReadyLift kit do the job?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

bradster285

Reaction score
I'm having Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/60/r20s installed on my stock Longhorn 20" wheels tomorrow. A fellow forum member installed these same tires on his 2019 Big Horn that is neither leveled or lifted, and he says the tires fit but with a slight rub against the wheel liner on full lock turns. So, I'm thinking I will be fine but with maybe the same slight rub.

If I decide to raise the front end a bit to level it out, would this ReadyLift kit do the job?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Go with the Motofab 2.5 inch top hat spacer. So much easier to install and you get a bit more space as well.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
You don’t need the UCA. I did the 2.5” MotoFab level kit and worked great without issues.

I’m following Mustard’s lead...just ordered the 2.5” Motofab level kit. I’m not ordering/installing the UCAs for now.

It seems there are varying opinions whether or not they’re needed. Seeing that guys are running a leveling kit successfully without upgraded UCAs, I’ll take my chances. I do all my own labor so it’s not a big deal to add them down the road, if needed...I’ll report back if I experience any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread