5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought this last week. Had to travel out of state to find an OFG truck that I liked. Love it so far!
I don’t understand why so few OFG trucks out there. Glad to be here.

Attachments

• 68985A9E-50BE-4473-86E7-8575AA807332.jpeg
    68985A9E-50BE-4473-86E7-8575AA807332.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 34D9404A-1A65-49D2-B4AC-9201EF3CA482.jpeg
    34D9404A-1A65-49D2-B4AC-9201EF3CA482.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 95

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this last week. Had to travel out of state to find an OFG truck that I liked. Love it so far!
I don’t understand why so few OFG trucks out there. Glad to be here.
ORG? Off-Road Group?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably because people are buying rebels

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea you might be right. Are there advantages with the Rebel besides bigger tires, and looks vs a truck with the Off Road Group?

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea you might be right. Are there advantages with the Rebel besides bigger tires, and looks vs a truck with the Off Road Group?
Better approach angle with the Rebel, there is no plastic fairing below the front bumper, there is a steel plate in front going to the bumper, the bumper is cut out to expose the front of the wheels, and of course the moustache grill.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I am surprised more people don’t see the value in the off-road package. Rebel aesthetics are awesome, but off-road package gets you 90% of the capabilities, especially if you need the 6 foot bed which you can’t get on the rebel.

Last edited:

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am surprised more people don’t see the value in the off-road package. Rebel aesthetics are awesome, but off-road package gets you 90% of the capabilities, especially if you need the 6 foot bed which you can’t get on the rebel.
Yea I am kinda dumb founded by that too. I actually wanted the long bed but could not find any with Off Road Group and night package. After things settle down in a year or so, trade for a long bed ORG truck. Too me, any truck lacking the Off Road Group was a deal breaker.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a nicely optioned truck. Love the off road package myself.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Yea I am kinda dumb founded by that too. I actually wanted the long bed but could not find any with Off Road Group and night package. After things settle down in a year or so, trade for a long bed ORG truck. Too me, any truck lacking the Off Road Group was a deal breaker.
Congrats on the new truck! I was torn for a long time between the Laramie with the ORG or the Rebel and eventually went with the Rebel. I did not want 20" or 22" wheels on my truck and for some reason Ram will not allow you to put the black 18" wheels on the Laramie ORG. It's a bunch of BS honestly. But I do love my Rebel. My wife hated the suede accents they also put on the Laramie leather as well. I wasn't a big fan either. Only downside to the Rebel is the longer bed and ventilated seats that I've found, not sure again why Ram leaves those options off.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! I was torn for a long time between the Laramie with the ORG or the Rebel and eventually went with the Rebel. I did not want 20" or 22" wheels on my truck and for some reason Ram will not allow you to put the black 18" wheels on the Laramie ORG. It's a bunch of BS honestly. But I do love my Rebel. My wife hated the suede accents they also put on the Laramie leather as well. I wasn't a big fan either. Only downside to the Rebel is the longer bed and ventilated seats that I've found, not sure again why Ram leaves those options off.
Yea, I am not a fan of the Laramie seats either. I definitely like the longhorn or limited better. I have not seen the Rebels seats. I think it is BS that you can’t 18 inch rims with any trim if it’s a frikin 4WD truck. I wish you could get the crew cab 6’4” bed on the Rebel also. I also didnt see that I could get blind spot cross path detection with the Rebel which I don’t understand ( but maybe you can and I missed it ). I like the looks of the Rebel along with some other things, but like some of the things you can get with the other trims. The biggest things for me on my truck were rear locker, 1inch lift, skid plates, and blind spot detection with some other tech bla bla.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Yea, I am not a fan of the Laramie seats either. I definitely like the longhorn or limited better. I have not seen the Rebels seats. I think it is BS that you can’t 18 inch rims with any trim if it’s a frikin 4WD truck. I wish you could get the crew cab 6’4” bed on the Rebel also. I also didnt see that I could get blind spot cross path detection with the Rebel which I don’t understand ( but maybe you can and I missed it ). I like the looks of the Rebel along with some other things, but like some of the things you can get with the other trims. The biggest things for me on my truck were rear locker, 1inch lift, skid plates, and blind spot detection with some other tech bla bla.
I ordered my Rebel with the blind spot option. I was disappointed I couldn't get the 6'4" bed, but ended up adding a bed extender and so far that's worked out very well when I've loaded the bed up with longer items. Rebel seats are awesome. Love the Rebel stitching it comes with.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Rebel with the blind spot option. I was disappointed I couldn't get the 6'4" bed, but ended up adding a bed extender and so far that's worked out very well when I've loaded the bed up with longer items. Rebel seats are awesome. Love the Rebel stitching it comes with.
Ok great, thanks for the info... gonna order a 2022 also when things settle a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread