5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck who Dis?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been surfing forums, I’m getting a feel for what it is I actually wanna do. I’m definitely looking at an overland build. And there’s a Jeep customizer just down the road from my house who is interested in helping me out. I’m super excited.

My first move is probably going to be a mid height rack and a clamshell tent. I have a camping weekend the first week of December I’m hoping to have something in place ready to test by then.

What I really like, is the Alu-Cabin from Alu-Cab. If I can find one nearby and walk off with it, I’ll probably pull the trigger. There’s a dealer about an hour away who says he has inventory. I just don’t know whether or not my first step should be a $20,000 one.

Then again, this whole truck was kind of a yolo. Go big, or go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't drop $20k on a camper unless you're sure you're about the overlanding life ;)
meaning, you gotta be flying drones, taking pics and videos for the gram and youtube, drag the skottle around, and hand pressed gourmet coffee in the morning before packing up campsite, and of course, starbucks whenever you pass by one.

kidding aside, i'd rent clamshell tent first to see how it feels camping in the cold and see how it feels and improve on that. What works for many people may or may not work for you and me.

Lew

Reaction score
Moderation wins out! Here is my first set of mods. Anyone with experiences, good or bad, I'd love to hear them.

The OVS Bushveld Roof Top Tent

on top of a Putco Venture Tec Rack

OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

Getting a K&N cold air intake, a bubba rope, and a couple of maxtrax. And a Dometic hydration jug with the faucet.

I hope to have everything installed by the end of next week, and I'm planning my next trip into the Pinebarrens for the weekend of December 2nd to test everything out!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Moderation wins out! Here is my first set of mods. Anyone with experiences, good or bad, I'd love to hear them.

The OVS Bushveld Roof Top Tent

on top of a Putco Venture Tec Rack

OVS Nomadic 270 Awning

Getting a K&N cold air intake, a bubba rope, and a couple of maxtrax. And a Dometic hydration jug with the faucet.

I hope to have everything installed by the end of next week, and I'm planning my next trip into the Pinebarrens for the weekend of December 2nd to test everything out!
you can email my friend and ask him about the newest tent he just got (it's not on the website yet)
tell him Eric with the blue ram who used to have a white 4runner sent you.

you can get this one too and save some coins. i got the 18" with the long bed version

you can also email them about Ram fitment on these. Iirc they do have a sale going on right now. RCI has good quality products; they were the brand of skid plates that we recommend at the shop for both quality and affordability.

Reactions: Lew

Users who are viewing this thread